Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FCD RHF Handguard

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

FCD RHF Handguard

All,

I’m eyeballing a 11.5” MLok RHF to pair with a 12.5” barrel with a Turbo K. It will wear an IR laser, white light, sling, grip panels. Needs to be able to live its life as a beater. There are no reviews that I was able to find on google. A couple announcements, and a “best handguards list” is all I was able to find. Anybody have one of these?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    They are made for FCD by CMT and are good to go in my book.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I encourage you to check out CMT's website before you purchase. They literally make dozens of different kinds of handguards and, if you like this one, you may like their other offerings, too.

For example, they sell handguards with M-LOK slots around the entire rail instead of just the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions.

https://www.cmttac.com/index.php?route=common/home

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I've got the exact same length and have been pleased. It has one minor issue but I haven't bothered reaching out to FCD/CMT because it doesn't really affect me. Other than that, significantly lighter than I expected and while I have yet to get a laser, it may be my most abused gun so far and is still solid. I've small number of 3 guns where it gets thrown into barrels and a run n gun that also had dump barrels and obstacles that it got banged around on.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Wake, or others with actual use, how important are the anti rotation tabs? I still have a lightweight Bootleg receiver, at it seems that the tabs impact with the front of the upper a bit due to the upper design.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We opted to keep RHF simple, simplicity has always been our theme for good reasons. RHF doesn't have QD sling swivel sockets, I don't like to dictate where users attach their slings, so RHF doesn't have any built-in sockets, the decision is completely left to the users.

RE: MLOK slots positions, we kept that simple too. If folks want to mount an MLOK in an offset position, there are no shortage of mounts for the job. I don't think we can think of, and provide everything for the users, it's impossible.

RHF 11.5 will soon be available in a 2 piece form factor that uses the TDP spec barrel nut, similar to RHF4 (quad rail, made by Centurion Arms for us). It too, will have 1913 rails on top, and MLOK at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. This thing is sounding like a good idea.

Roger, are you saying I should wait for the two piece version? Primary concerns are durability and holding a zero. Not too worried about weight. Any difference in outside diameter?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Wake, or others with actual use, how important are the anti rotation tabs? I still have a lightweight Bootleg receiver, at it seems that the tabs impact with the front of the upper a bit due to the upper design.
    I don't have the specific handguards in this thread, but I am a long time YHM handguard user. Anti rotation tabs are a MUST*. Without them, I can easily torque loose an handguard to the point that only the gas tube is keeping it aligned. I've done it multiple times far more easily than I like despite it being inadvertant. It's why I specifically look for anti rotation tabs, a picatinny rail slot at the end of the handguard rail so that I can bridge the gap with an RSA*, or both.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-26-20 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Inside diameter of RHF-C 11.5 is 1.37, OD is slightly (0.05 or so) larger, and it will be slightly heavier too. As it uses the standard steel TDP spec barrel nut, it's strong and will hold zero for sights and lasers well. It will be more expensive as it's a 2 piece and uses a lot more machining time.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Inside diameter of RHF-C 11.5 is 1.37, OD is slightly (0.05 or so) larger, and it will be slightly heavier too. As it uses the standard steel TDP spec barrel nut, it's strong and will hold zero for sights and lasers well. It will be more expensive as it's a 2 piece and uses a lot more machining time.
    Decisions, decisions. When are we talking?
    RLTW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast