Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FCD RHF Handguard

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That we're not sure about. One piece RHFs are scheduled to be here around October, RHF-C 11.5 will most likely be in November, around the same time as our forged uppers receivers.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    That we're not sure about. One piece RHFs are scheduled to be here around October, RHF-C 11.5 will most likely be in November, around the same time as our forged uppers receivers.
    Oh dang. I thought the one piece ones were in stock. Either way, I’m leaning toward the one piece, currently.

Sidebar, I just DT mounted my Turbo K on my 14” upper (Normally unsuppressed) and played around dry comparing it to my 12.3” with M4SDk, (which normally lives on my 11.3”). Overall length is only about .75” longer, somehow. And wow is that can light.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Inside diameter of RHF-C 11.5 is 1.37, OD is slightly (0.05 or so) larger, and it will be slightly heavier too. As it uses the standard steel TDP spec barrel nut, it's strong and will hold zero for sights and lasers well. It will be more expensive as it's a 2 piece and uses a lot more machining time.
    Roger,

Is this the "Milspec" bbl nut that needs to be timed to the gas tube? Or something different now?

All lengths of the one piece rails due in October? Might be looking for an 11.5 and 13.7

Also, do the weights listed on the website include the bbl nut?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I own both the CMT hybrid (mlok+pic rail front) 11.5 and the FCD RHF (CMT OEM) 11.5, one on a Triarc 12.5, the other on a Centurion 12.5".

The handguard is exactly 11.5 forward of the upper receiver.

Both are outstanding and I have zero complaints. Clearance with a Turbo K is prime. I have mine with KeyMo adapters.

In terms of thickness/gauge I'd say it is more than an BCM KCMR but def less than a DD or Geissele

The current CMT/RHF (one piece) barrel nut similar to the Geissele and is not timed. The install wrench claims it is single use, YMMV.

This would absolutely fit the bill as a daily driver. Rock solid.

Sticks IG has a ton of the CMT version pics as does HoltWorks.

I'd easily buy again.

(and also ducks)

(not my pic)
    Last edited by PrivateCitizen; 08-27-20 at 09:27.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCitizen View Post
    I own both the CMT hybrid (mlok+pic rail front) 11.5 and the FCD RHF (CMT OEM) 11.5, one on a Triarc 12.5, the other on a Centurion 12.5".

The handguard is exactly 11.5 forward of the upper receiver.

Both are outstanding and I have zero complaints. Clearance with a Turbo K is prime. I have mine with KeyMo adapters.

In terms of thickness/gauge I'd say it is more than an BCM KCMR but def less than a DD or Geissele

The current CMT/RHF (one piece) barrel nut similar to the Geissele and is not timed. The install wrench claims it is single use, YMMV.

This would absolutely fit the bill as a daily driver. Rock solid.

Sticks IG has a ton of the CMT version pics as does HoltWorks.

I'd easily buy again.

(and also ducks)

Thanks dude.

Triarc and Centurion are the barrels I’m considering.

Daily driver is exactly what I intend here.

Yeah, I’m gonna do the one piece setup as soon as I can.
    Last edited by 1168; 08-26-20 at 23:00.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Mine is paired with a 12.5 Hodge and will eventually get a KAC CQB can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is indeed the TDP spec steel barrel nut that requires timing for the gas tube. RHF4/RHF-C barrel nut isn't included, but can be ordered with the hand guard.
    11.5" one piece RHF will be the first to drop, with other lengths to follow every 2 to 3 weeks

The stamped barrel nut wrench for the one piece RHF is meant to be a single use, I've used the same several times (both for installation and removal), I noticed slight deformation around some lugs but they're still usable. A castle nut wrench can be used in a pinch, the fit is loose but the lugs line up with the notches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Roger,

Is this the "Milspec" bbl nut that needs to be timed to the gas tube? Or something different now?

All lengths of the one piece rails due in October? Might be looking for an 11.5 and 13.7

Also, do the weights listed on the website include the bbl nut?
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Dude. I need to be able to backorder/preorder stuff on your site. Like maybe set a limit for one of each item per person for that.

It is indeed the TDP spec steel barrel nut that requires timing for the gas tube. RHF4/RHF-C barrel nut isn't included, but can be ordered with the hand guard.
    11.5" one piece RHF will be the first to drop, with other lengths to follow every 2 to 3 weeks

The stamped barrel nut wrench for the one piece RHF is meant to be a single use, I've used the same several times (both for installation and removal), I noticed slight deformation around some lugs but they're still usable. A castle nut wrench can be used in a pinch, the fit is loose but the lugs line up with the notches.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We like our customers and would like to keep them as customers, so we never do pre-orders. I don't like to hold on to customers' money when we can't deliver what they paid for, and folks can get very upset when delays happen, which are a norm but the buck stops with us, no amount of pointing out where the delays take place will make things better.

I waited 10 years for my Shrike upper, all while they were sending the uppers to influencers and customers that paid full price. Pre-orders sometimes are just interest free loans for companies to obtain capital to fund the project, folks don't take kindly to it.

So we've never done pre-orders, at most we'd enable back orders when we know the products have been shipped to us, even that I don't like because it stresses me out when shipping delays happen.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    For my part, I appreciate your approach. Just this year, I had something placed in back order by a large, well-respected company, and it dragged on forever. (No, not Geissele.)

It can seem odd to always see a product Out of Stock, as it can make one wonder if this actually means “discontinued.” But I think you do put in notes when there is some expected time frame.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast