Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FCD RHF Handguard

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We make most products in small batches, even though these are being doubled or tripled these days. Small batches allow us to move quickly to address issues or improve the product. Stuff like the CNF (castle nut) is unlikely to see more changes, we make lots of them each time (and still run out lol). ABC/R is on v3, there's very little likelihood there'd be a v4, so we now are in full volume production mode on these, but each takes 26 minutes to make from a solid block of steel, not to mention heat treat and nitride post processes, we can't seem to make enough of them.

We're in control of the growth, never the other way around. Over confidence and excess inventory meet a down turn in the industry can be disastrous for small companies.
    Last edited by Duffy; 08-27-20 at 17:34.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m definitely interested in RHF-C. I’ve been debating a bunch of 11.5” handguards for a while but was feeling concerned about going too skinny.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Roger, thanks for all the feedback on this. How rigid is the hand guard? IE, does it have much flex? My understanding is most “rigid” hand guards use a longer barrel nut but being that the GI bbl nut is pretty short, I’m curious how much flex it will have compared to others on the market?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's a mature design, Monty's had this design when he first started Centurion Arms. It hasn't changed throughout the years, that should tell you something. He changes things as he sees fit, and leaves them alone if they don't need to be improved on. I'd estimate it's as rigid as the old school FF RAS and DD Lite Rail. I haven't heard of any flexing issues with them, nor with Monty's C4 rails this is based on.

They will start working on it soon, ETA is still November, along with forged uppers they're also making for us
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Obviously things are wild right now in the industry, but do you have any updated ETA on RHF-C?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They're on the schedule, but we have no ETA yet.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Roger,

FDE Ano.

Please and thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Roger, I bought two 11.5” MLok FCD handguards not too long after starting this thread.

What I love: it is light, solid, and the weight reduction is sensible and tasteful. It has solid antirotation tabs like I wish SLR would use. The wedge doodads work as advertised. I also love that it exists in a 11.5” length.

What I don’t love: It is too skinny for me. I’d like future versions (such as the planned Centurion collab) to be ~1.75” OD like the URX4. Its skinniness is similar to my Wedgelock rail. I realize that everybody digs the ~1.5” OD handguards, but sometimes I wonder if there is an issue determining what people really want. I can elaborate at great length on my opinions on this subject, but I realize that the diameter is a byproduct of the barrel nut interface design, like the Wedgelock. Also, 1.5-2.5 MLok slots on the frontmost bit of the 45s, staggered like the ones on the URX4, would be pretty cool.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Delays are the norm, last I heard it was going to be couple of months
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Delays are the norm, last I heard it was going to be couple of months
    Nah, I already have them in hand. I found them in-stock somewhere a few months ago.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123