Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor Shooting, New Details...The Media etc Really IS Trying to Start a War

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Anyone seen this article

https://www.wave3.com/2020/07/05/bre...pment-project/

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Well that's something that's been happening since the advent of cities. No one should be surprised if this turns out to be true.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I totally agree with what you are saying, however whenever you involve the ,gov, they want their cut.
    A number of States have legalized marijuana, however the State taxes on the marijuana only make the black market increase, not decrease. When you decide to apply a 110% tax on a questionably "Legal" product someone's going to cheat.
    Think of it this way, If Al Capon was allowed to sell a $10.00 dollar bottle of whiskey in Chicago, but he had to charge $21.00 and give eleven to the State, how long would Al play along before selling his $10.00 bottles for $15.00 and make an additional profit and an increase in customers because he's the only guy with $15.00 bottles of whiskey?
    The problem is with legalization, you have to have some non-greedy people with common sense and a far ranging view of economic cause and effect.
    So that aint happening any time soon.

The people who pushed legalization BEGGED to be taxed, you can only blame the government so much for giving them what they wanted.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    The people who pushed legalization BEGGED to be taxed, you can only blame the government so much for giving them what they wanted.
    The money-oriented argument that I am most familiar with is that enforcement of cannabis prohibition costs the tax payer flaming piles of money, thus simply treating it like any other good will allow that money to be better spent. No need for special taxes. Of course, governments are greedy, and Karen will need a nicer parking lot at her kid’s school in exchange for a majority agreeing that state and local cops won’t participate in shooting people (and their dogs) over a drug that is basically everywhere.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Well think about that for a minute and ask yourself why?
    Because as I stated earlier, I'm sure Al Capone would have agreed to the same sort of taxing, the black market will open up immediately. Once that weed goes in to an unmarked baggie, how do you know if it was taxed or not?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I’m perfectly willing to hold out the possibility that Taylor was running dirty, but it doesn’t look good when the AG’s office is putting their thumb on the scales.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I’m perfectly willing to hold out the possibility that Taylor was running dirty, but it doesn’t look good when the AG’s office is putting their thumb on the scales.
    It really doesn't matter if she was or wasn't. If the officers were acting in good faith, it's hard to find reason to charge them for homicide. It's even harder to charge when the evidence shows that they were fired upon and returned fire. I think the biggest thing at stake here is policy regarding search warrants, and that puts a lot of the blame for this on the judge, rather than solely on these cops.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wondering if the grand jury was given a chance to consider rape charges or money laundering charges?? They only present the charges they are going after. Did they bring up potential charges against the boyfriend for shooting the officer? No? Probably because, like homicide charges against the officers, the case has little chance of actually being successful.

The two officers at the front door who were shot at have the law on their side for why they shot back. They third guy blindly firing through a side door or window or whatever has a hard time justifying that action.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I wondering if the grand jury was given a chance to consider rape charges or money laundering charges?? They only present the charges they are going after. Did they bring up potential charges against the boyfriend for shooting the officer? No? Probably because, like homicide charges against the officers, the case has little chance of actually being successful.

The two officers at the front door who were shot at have the law on their side for why they shot back. They third guy blindly firing through a side door or window or whatever has a hard time justifying that action.
    The grand jury can narrow or broaden the indictment.

You do bring up a good point though, because why convene a grand jury if the only thing that matters is the desire of the state. Same issue with the actual trial as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Anyone killed by LE is a complete Saint. End of story CBS< NBC< MSNBC< CNN<ABCdefghijklmnop

God Bless Tucker Carlson

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast