Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor Shooting, New Details...The Media etc Really IS Trying to Start a War

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I don't think that changes anything. The no knock BS needs to stop. I love when they say it's not a no-knock because they pound on the door 3x's, wait 10 seconds, and blast in. I'm sorry, but there's a turd in that punchbowl and I'm not drinking it.

They had the raid earlier this week in Kentucky where they dragged some nude mom out of her home because the bozo's had the wrong address information. They did the quick knock and kick routine while she was getting dressed. The cops got in trouble, but their rush to action caused unnecessary BS for all involved. There has to be a better way of doing these things.

In the OP's storyline, I'm fairly certain the overtime and manpower costs it would have taken to stake out the apartment and wait for their guy would have cost the department and the city a LOT less than the wrongful death lawsuit of Breonna Taylor will cost them. Also fairly certain the extra man power and resources costs it would have taken to get up off of George Floyds neck when he said he was having health issues would have been a lot less than it cost that city and department.

I don't believe the narrative of BLM but I do believe we need some serious reform and recalibration of what we want and expect out of law enforcement.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 08-27-20 at 19:28.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    I don't think that changes anything. The no knock BS needs to stop. I love when they say it's not a no-knock because they pound on the door 3x's, wait 10 seconds, and blast in. I'm sorry, but there's a turd in that punchbowl and I'm not drinking it.

They had the raid earlier this week in Kentucky where they dragged some nude mom out of her home because the bozo's had the wrong address information. They did the quick knock and kick routine while she was getting dressed. The cops got in trouble, but their rush to action caused unnecessary BS for all involved. There has to be a better way of doing these things.

In the OP's storyline, I'm fairly certain the overtime and manpower costs it would have taken to stake out the apartment and wait for their guy would have cost the department and the city a LOT less than the wrongful death lawsuit of Breonna Taylor will cost them. Also fairly certain the extra man power and resources costs it would have taken to get up off of George Floyds neck when he said he was having health issues would have been a lot less than it cost that city and department.

I don't believe the narrative of BLM but I do believe we need some serious reform and recalibration of what we want and expect out of law enforcement.
    Let's think about this logically for a minute. If they didn't knock...it seems things would have turned out better. I'm not vouching for no knocks...but in this case, it would have. There is no way a person would have time to get up, get oriented, grab a weapon and fire at the door, if they just knocked three times and then bashed the door in. No way...no how.

What probably happened is they knocked, announced themselves and gave him time to do what I mentioned above before bashing the door in.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 08-27-20 at 21:30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I didnt need this incident to prove the media are rat bastards trying to rip America apart.
    Theyve been doing it, each year getting bolder & bolder, as far back as I can remember into the mid seventies,
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lay down with Dogs you might catch 9mm fleas.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Let's think about this logically for a minute. If they didn't knock...it seems things would have turned out better. I'm not vouching for no knocks...but in this case, it would have. There is no way a person would have time to get up, get oriented, grab a weapon and fire at the door, if they just knocked three times and then bashed the door in. No way...no how.

What probably happened is they knocked, announced themselves and gave him time to do what I mentioned above before bashing the door in.
    Honestly, from what I’ve read, they (that team) sound not so good at their job, to the point that knocking or not, there will be incidents resulting in loss of life.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    The reform and recalibration that is needed is with the selection of new officers. But there’s a problem. The ones we need and you’d want as cops are the ones that are smart enough to not apply anymore due to society’s rush to blame the police for society’s problems.

We’re left hiring those who ten years ago wouldn’t have made it past the written test and it has given America the policing it has asked for both directly (through senior officers just saying screw it and laying low) and indirectly (the junior officers being less qualified).

Now, statistically yes we’re getting some good new cops but it’s rare. Accordingly, officers are human and there is no way to avoid mistakes so I’m not saying everything would be perfect if the public and media would just back off a bit. But, they’d be minimized.

The raw fact of the matter; it’s a people and society problem fueled by the lefts agenda over the past few decades as they eroded the education system and destroyed the idea of self accountability. When one does wrong, it’s the systems fault and we as the police are arguably the most visible of that “system” and easiest to attack.

Like I said or at least alluded to, we are not perfect as humans performing this job. There’s always work to do and skills to refine. But when it comes to common sense decision making it’s the applicant pool that is largely the root of the problem.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Breonna Taylor Shooting, New Details...The Media etc Really IS Trying to Start a War

Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    The reform and recalibration that is needed is with the selection of new officers. But there’s a problem. The ones we need and you’d want as cops are the ones that are smart enough to not apply anymore due to society’s rush to blame the police for society’s problems.

We’re left hiring those who ten years ago wouldn’t have made it past the written test and it has given America the policing it has asked for both directly (through senior officers just saying screw it and laying low) and indirectly (the junior officers being less qualified).

Now, statistically yes we’re getting some good new cops but it’s rare. Accordingly, officers are human and there is no way to avoid mistakes so I’m not saying everything would be perfect if the public and media would just back off a bit. But, they’d be minimized.

The raw fact of the matter; it’s a people and society problem fueled by the lefts agenda over the past few decades as they eroded the education system and destroyed the idea of self accountability. When one does wrong, it’s the systems fault and we as the police are arguably the most visible of that “system” and easiest to attack.

Like I said or at least alluded to, we are not perfect as humans performing this job. There’s always work to do and skills to refine. But when it comes to common sense decision making it’s the applicant pool that is largely the root of the problem.
    That’s great in theory but the problem is simply that cultural changes systemic to every generation of society at large inevitably shade the profession, same as any. Sometimes that good in that it leads to progression within LE culture and loosens absolute adherence to BS dogma of the but obviously it can be bad to. Just look at any “progressive” LE agency that’s so wrapped up in themselves and they completely fail in their most fundamental functions and obligations to their communities. This only worsens as you move up the jurisdictional hierarchy from local > federal.

I’ve lost count over the years of how many gun carriers I’ve met who of you didn’t know any better were the complete opposite of the prototypical law enforcement personality if not outright progressive idealists. Fortunately they’re a minority still but their prevalence is certainly increasing.

Prioritizing education over experience exacerbates matters imo too. Giving college grads who have little to no exposure to how the real world works a badge, gun, and a mission statement just furthers the disconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 08-28-20 at 10:25.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The people alluding to the fact that she deserved to be shot and killed in her own home, need some serious inner reflection. No bodycams on? You would think that would be crazy important this day and age. The war on drugs is a failure and targets blacks disproportionately, no matter how you want to boot-lick that one.

No knock warrants are dogshit like I said earlier, except under circumstances like Steyr mentioned, hostage rescue being one that really sticks out. These kill innocent people, as well as LEO's just following orders.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/a-...-the-practice/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/us/ho...ant/index.html

https://www.kcentv.com/article/news/...c-3092e61a7a00

https://dcist.com/story/20/06/27/sil...hernan-lilian/
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    The people alluding to the fact that she deserved to be shot and killed in her own home, need some serious inner reflection. No bodycams on? You would think that would be crazy important this day and age. The war on drugs is a failure and targets blacks disproportionately, no matter how you want to boot-lick that one.

No knock warrants are dogshit like I said earlier, except under circumstances like Steyr mentioned, hostage rescue being one that really sticks out. These kill innocent people, as well as LEO's just following orders.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/a-...-the-practice/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/us/ho...ant/index.html

https://www.kcentv.com/article/news/...c-3092e61a7a00

https://dcist.com/story/20/06/27/sil...hernan-lilian/
    It is common practice for “entry teams” “SRT” and “SWAT” to not use body cameras while performing these specific duties, and this practice MAY be valid due to opsec.

No knocks need to be an option only in certain extreme circumstances, not the norm. And this is how my team, and others in my area work. Callout is the default option, with escalation to measures that lead to suspects choosing to abandon the structure due to discomfort.

Why in TF would you routinely choose to engage in battle in a structure that may or may not have a preplanned defense if you can avoid that? Especially over dope? Callout, cut power, CS, dogs, etc.

The War on Drugs is stupid, expensive, and costly in lives lost, and we’ve known this for roughly a century. But every couple years, I have to choose between pro-gun and anti-prohibition candidates for some reason. And usually both sides are anti-gun and pro-prohibition. Because pro-authoritarinaism.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/death-bre...233726563.html

So after MONTHS of the narrative that Ms. Taylor was completely innocent, didn't have anything to do with drugs etc.....The TRUTH comes out or at least a piece of it. Seems as though she knew very well the target of the investigation and had accepted packages for him on MULTIPLE occasions.
    ^^^^ Old news... reported months ago. That said, it wasn't included in a lot TV news, at least not that I remember.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 08-28-20 at 13:25.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast