Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasn't told about a "blem" on reciever before buying at LGS...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AO520 View Post
    I go back and look it over better, and find a little bare spot of metal under the front take down pin.
    Attachment 63577
    Good grief...seriously? That actually bothers you? Wow.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I would be ecstatic to get a complete BCM bottom end for $400. They are going north of that(when you can actually find one)for awhile now in my area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    I mean I’d be a little pissed that I paid $85 + tax more then what I could’ve gotten in for from GandR Tactical. I’d call and ask if they knew it was a blem model. Realistically it’s a moot point and I’d likely cold blue it or use as an excuse to paint the rifle.
    The one I see on G&R doesn't come with a stock and is out of stock. So $400 doesn't seem like a bad deal in today's market.

I could understand being a little upset over the principle of the matter if you think the gun store isn't being forthright, but I probably wouldn't bother doing anything unless I had a decent relationship with the store.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The blem wouldn't bother me, but the LGS should label them as such.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    The blem wouldn't bother me, but the LGS should label them as such.
    The LGS did label it as such, from the OP: "Got home and noticed on the box it says "BCM GUNFIGHTER LOWER GROUP BLK BLEM" Apparently the OP did not notice it. He is bothered by the fact that the LGS did not verbally tell him it was a blem. Then we find out the "blem" is a tiny spot in a place not even visible once the rifle is assembled, easily fixed as per previous comments. The price he paid is absolutely fair for a "blem" BCM lower, unless you find them on sale from Primary Arms for $340, but then you pay shipping and the FFL transfer fee.

Having said that, the LGS should have indicated it was a blem, verbally, and if the OP walked away from it, I'm sure somebody would snatch it up quickly recognizing it as the good deal it was.
    Last edited by JWill1776; 08-27-20 at 10:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Its labeled BLEM on the box, but unless you asked for a BLEM model, you didn't get what you requested. Other persons have already commented that the take down pin will hide the mark, and that is correct, but I can still understand the point you are making.

If you want to clean it up, use aluma black from Casey, it is not something that can be cold blued as it is aluminum and not steel. Get the stuff for aluminum or it isn't going to work correctly.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    It’s SOP for them to bring the box and let you inspect it before paying and filling out paperwork. Did they not let you inspect it? Did they not put it back in the box before you paid? Reality is in today’s market you certainly didn’t get ripped off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AO520 View Post
    But what would you do if this happened to you?
    Slap an upper on it, load that bitch up, and shoot the shit out of it.

It's a tool, not a first generation SAA or some fine english double...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWill1776 View Post
    The LGS did label it as such, from the OP: "Got home and noticed on the box it says "BCM GUNFIGHTER LOWER GROUP BLK BLEM" Apparently the OP did not notice it. He is bothered by the fact that the LGS did not verbally tell him it was a blem. Then we find out the "blem" is a tiny spot in a place not even visible once the rifle is assembled, easily fixed as per previous comments. The price he paid is absolutely fair for a "blem" BCM lower, unless you find them on sale from Primary Arms for $340, but then you pay shipping and the FFL transfer fee.

Having said that, the LGS should have indicated it was a blem, verbally, and if the OP walked away from it, I'm sure somebody would snatch it up quickly recognizing it as the good deal it was.
    The LGS didn't label the box, BCM did. They should have been marked as blems on the shelf so anyone looking at them would know they were blems.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    OK I miss read it the first time. I’ve never had one and I thought the lower itself was labeled Blem. If it is no different label wise then a standard BCM lower, and the only way to tell is a sticker on the box… Yes I’d be pretty pissed if they labeled it as a regular one thus increasing their markup, but not disclosing it’s a blem model.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast