Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasn't told about a "blem" on reciever before buying at LGS...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Yes I’d be pretty pissed if they labeled it as a regular one thus increasing their markup, but not disclosing it’s a blem model.
    But in fact they did not "increase their markup" and he got a great deal, as per the facts posted above what blems are going for. Come on guys, isn't this just a wee-bit ridiculous? I mean, heck, if the thing had some kind of hideous gouge across it: a) He would have noticed it; b) he would not have bought it. But it has a tiny little bare spot in a place nobody would ever be able to see it. He got a great price.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWill1776 View Post
    But in fact they did not "increase their markup" and he got a great deal, as per the facts posted above what blems are going for.
    BCM standard lower is $395 w/ stock
    BCM blem lower is $335 w/stock
    OP's blem lower was $400 w/stock

So yes, they sold him a blem lower at the standard lower price...I'm not sure how that DOESN'T increase their markup

If they didn't label/price it correctly intentionally, I wouldn't do business with them again. But more then likely it was done in error and the price difference wouldn't be enough to make me stop using a store I frequent.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions!... I feel much better about it after reading your thoughts.

It's a small blem and not an issue for me. The fact that it wasn't mentioned on the price tag description is what kinda bothered me. But in the end i'm very happy and will take it as a learning lesson for future purchases.

Thanks again!
    -AO

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't worry about the lower, but I would worry about the LGS.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a couple BCM blem lowers.

IMO the C mark is worse than the "blem" because the blems are so insignificant.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Or this
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    If you're really concerned about it.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the lower, but I would worry about the LGS.
    Finally, a voice of reason emerges.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought a blem BCM lower from G&R with a decent scratch to the side of the lower receiver, but I just painted over it...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    BCM standard lower is $395 w/ stock
    BCM blem lower is $335 w/stock
    OP's blem lower was $400 w/stock
    I'm not sure we are both talking about the exact same thing.

I thought the OP purchased a *complete* BCM Lower Receiver (one that comes with the BCM stock, etc - complete). If that is not the case, I did not read his initial comments or understand them well enough.

Please provide a link to a retailer has complete BCM blem lowers for $335, in stock.

The least expensive price I've seen are sales run by Primary Arms recently, $340, plus shipping, then you have to add the FFL transfer fee to it and you are close to $400.

I'm not aware of where one an purchase a complete non-blem BCM for $400, in stock, please link to that source as well.

So, for example, this is NOT a complete BCM lower receiver and it is not in stock, but the retailer has a "retail price" on it of $425, sells it for $315, it comes without the stock and he has none in inventory: https://www.gandrtactical.com/BCM-Bl...er_p_1260.html
    Last edited by JWill1776; 08-28-20 at 07:41.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Hmm....

LoL

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast