Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current/updated Steyr AUG meditations...

Feedback Score
    Next related question: is Steyr's production output zero these days or just WAY behind demand, like a year or two? Everything just got gobbled up except for mags. WTF???
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    You do exist! I’ve been told to contact you in response to every WTB ad I’ve ever posted on any forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    Next related question: is Steyr's production output zero these days or just WAY behind demand, like a year or two? Everything just got gobbled up except for mags. WTF???
    You didn’t like my joke man?

As far as availability, I can’t find mags in stock anywhere now. Magpul mags are out there but can’t find Steyr mags.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    They produce as much as they can, the problem is they can't keep up with demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Good news I got one, a white original AUG mag one. What do I need to do to get one of the milsurp stocks to fit in case I want to be able to swap colors to hunt with it or other dirty occasions?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good news I got one, a white original AUG mag one. What do I need to do to get one of the milsurp stocks to fit in case I want to be able to swap colors to hunt with it or other dirty occasions?
    You don't. The military surplus stocks are specific to full autos and will not fit on semi auto.

If you own a semi auto AUG many of the mil surplus kit parts will not work on your semi auto. Given that the milsurp kits are pretty trashed and a lot of the parts being full auto won't even fit or work on your semi auto AUG., they are generally not worth it. If you are an SOT building a post sample full auto that's different but for most people the kits are not worth bothering with.

If only there wasn't that barrel import ban crap the kits would have been worth it for that alone. If only...

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Congratulations. If you want another AUG mag A3 stock, simply find one that’s in stock and buy it. Your hammer pack will work in both, as will your buttpad.

If you buy a NATO stock, you’ll need a NATO hammer pack. The bolt catch is different between the A3 and the NATO hammer packs.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 01-15-21 at 17:32.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Are the muzzles on currently made AUGs threaded 1/2x28 or if not what is the pattern?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    You didn’t like my joke man?

As far as availability, I can’t find mags in stock anywhere now. Magpul mags are out there but can’t find Steyr mags.
    https://battlehawkarmory.com/product...bodyblack-base

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/688218502754

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Thank you.

As for muzzle threading, I believe the current models use the same thread pattern that has always been used M13x1.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The newest nitride barrels are available in 13x1 LH metric and 1/2x28. I think all current production rifles ship with 1/2x28.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast