Thread: Loctite Vert Grip

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Loctite Vert Grip

Just wanted to know if it would be necessary or a good idea to loctite my BCM vert grip to my MCMR rail?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The MLok screws should already have loctite applied where appropriate.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    The MLok screws should already have loctite applied where appropriate.
    Question about how that work. If the blue loctite that’s already there is dried up, and I screw/unscrew during installation, won’t I need more?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No, what's worked itself into the threads will suffice.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
    Question about how that work. If the blue loctite that’s already there is dried up, and I screw/unscrew during installation, won’t I need more?
    If you have a torque driver, torque to 15 in/lbs per Magpuls MLOK specs for plastic accessories(30 for metal) and it should be fine.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I loctite everything that has a screw on a gun and use a torque wrench.

Everything. Flashlights. Lasers. Optic screws. Grips.

Muzzle devices get Rocksett and Castle nuts get staked.

Spend 8 hours police calling Ali al salem in August looking for a PEQ that some dumb **** in S2 lost on your way into OIF and you too would loctite everything.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The pasty Loctite stuff that comes on a stick is what they use on a lot of the factory screws and isn't that great as a thread locker, but it's better than nothing. It more or less fills the gap in the threads making it more difficult to come loose on it's own but it's nowhere near as strong as even blue Loctite.

I Loctite and witness mark everything. It takes a few seconds with a lighter to loosen it up if you need to remove something.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Ensure you de-grease fastener threads and female threads prior to applying any type of thread locker.

As a general note on this topic
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Absolutely Loctite anything with threads (MD and receiver extension excluded and done as Euro said).

I never trust the dried Loctite that comes on some screws. I used to, but have had a pistol grip and optic rings come loose after a while. Its better than nothing, but I always put some of my own on.

I also clean and degrease male and female threads. I didn’t degrease for years and never had a problem, but if its already apart, then why not. A little acetone on a rag or q-tip takes almost zero extra time.