Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Micro T2/CompM5 vs. Trijicon MRO HD

Feedback Score

Aimpoint Micro T2/CompM5 vs. Trijicon MRO HD

Does anyone have any time on the MRO HD and an opinion on where it ranks vs. Aimpoint?

I am a fan of Aimpoint Micros but having watched Aaron Cowan’s video on the newer MRO HD, I was curious of peoples’ thoughts on it and whether or not it stacks up and if it is worth the money or if one would be smarter spending a little more on a more proven optic (like Aimpoint).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't recall anyone here giving any feedback about, nor even mentioning the MRO HD, so that should be a solid indicator that it's not taking over any market share yet.

At over $600, it makes little sense to me to choose the MRO HD over a T2. The only reason I bought a couple MROs instead of additional T2s was the price. I don't see any areas in which the MRO HD is a worthwhile improvement over the standard MRO.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Never owned an MRO of any flavor, sorry. I do own a T2, and I have seen enough videos of the MRO HD and variants that I fail to see how they stack up to the elite T2.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Also if price is any part of your concern, shop around a bit. I just a week ago found a new T2 (without mount--I already had one) for $661 at Eurooptics.com. Unfortunately that place is now sold out. If you need a mount, check out places like Larue and Scalarworks, often they have good packaged deals that include their mount with a T2 for better than you could buy them separately.

Feedback Score
    We have the Aimpoint and the MRO at work. They are not babied, and are both dependable and rugged. Aimpoint has longer battery life so far.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a MRO HD on a Scalarworks mount (bought from them as a package). I'd had a regular MRO and sold it off to a friend and upgraded to a T2, hated it and got the MRO HD from Scalarworks with mount. It's been great so far. I like the dual reticle option (although battery life suffers) and seems to do well with magnifiers. My friend has the combo and mine is paired with a Sig Juliet 3x, both seem clear. I just feel like I see better thru the MRO than the Aimpoint's. I do have an old H1 that I've ran for like 10 years, side by side I preferred it over the T2. Having to run the T2 on 10 just to be visible with my light meant the battery wasn't going to last any longer than the MRO on dot mode.

Feedback Score
    Strange isnt it? I just bought a new t2 for my rifle and put my t1 on my back up rifle, and i be damned the t2 is so dim that i have to put it on over 10 to see it inside during the day and on 12 to see it at all outside. My t1 is much brighter at much lower levels than the t2. Not sure i am liking it to be honest. I wonder if it’s because the t2 is a 4moa dot is why it is brighter.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    Strange isnt it? I just bought a new t2 for my rifle and put my t1 on my back up rifle, and i be damned the t2 is so dim that i have to put it on over 10 to see it inside during the day and on 12 to see it at all outside. My t1 is much brighter at much lower levels than the t2. Not sure i am liking it to be honest. I wonder if it’s because the t2 is a 4moa dot is why it is brighter.
    I felt exactly the same way, I sent mine back literally the next day. T2 should only be a 2moa dot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    I felt exactly the same way, I sent mine back literally the next day. T2 should only be a 2moa dot.
    My bad that’s what I meant. My t1 is 4 moa and seems much brighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My ancient H1 is 4moa as well, that's why I wanted to upgrade but as stated it is significantly brighter. I've had (2) MRO's (latest is an HD) and the brightness is a much more useable level. Same with my array of Holosuns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast