Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Micro T2/CompM5 vs. Trijicon MRO HD

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    Strange isnt it? I just bought a new t2 for my rifle and put my t1 on my back up rifle, and i be damned the t2 is so dim that i have to put it on over 10 to see it inside during the day and on 12 to see it at all outside. My t1 is much brighter at much lower levels than the t2. Not sure i am liking it to be honest. I wonder if it’s because the t2 is a 4moa dot is why it is brighter.
    I don't feel so bad now. I picked-up another T-2 a week or two ago and I have the same issue; I have to set it on 10 to see it inside. My older T-2s are much brighter.

Something else I noticed at the 10 or above setting is "stray" red light around the outer edges of the FOV. Are you noticing this as well? If I remember, I'll snap a pic if I'm not explaining this clearly. Never had this problem with my older units.
    Here comes the thunder.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber329 View Post
    I don't feel so bad now. I picked-up another T-2 a week or two ago and I have the same issue; I have to set it on 10 to see it inside. My older T-2s are much brighter.

Something else I noticed at the 10 or above setting is "stray" red light around the outer edges of the FOV. Are you noticing this as well? If I remember, I'll snap a pic if I'm not explaining this clearly. Never had this problem with my older units.
    Yeah same here. I see a ring around the inside that I never saw with my t1 unless it was on 12. I’m not really happy with the t2 right now but I am going to give it try for a little and it may end up going on my back up rifle and putting my t1 back on my hd gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one underimpressed by the newer units. I almost got a Comp M5, wonder if it's better or the same.

Feedback Score
    Just a data point, but from talking to other MRDS pistol shooters, it seems that larger dots are perceived as being brighter, with the brightness settings being equal, at least for the RMR. Perhaps this also carries over to the Micros.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Just a data point, but from talking to other MRDS pistol shooters, it seems that larger dots are perceived as being brighter, with the brightness settings being equal, at least for the RMR. Perhaps this also carries over to the Micros.
    I’m sure that that is the case. Just not sure with these being considered military optics, how these would work in the blinding brightness of the sand box. I love EOTech but hate the battery life

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I’m sure that that is the case. Just not sure with these being considered military optics, how these would work in the blinding brightness of the sand box. I love EOTech but hate the battery life
    My CompM5 works fine out here in the AZ desert, and I traditionally have my RDS brightness cranked pretty high (my RMRs and my ACROs are on the second highest setting when running pistols).
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    My CompM5 works fine out here in the AZ desert, and I traditionally have my RDS brightness cranked pretty high (my RMRs and my ACROs are on the second highest setting when running pistols).
    I should have went with the m5. But I have loved my t1 so much that I thought the t2 would be great as well. Just left less than thrilled to say the least. I will run it hard at a two day class in October so I will wait till then to decide it’s fate

Feedback Score
    I am just going to sell my t2 on scalarworks 1.93. Love the mount just don’t like the 2 moa dot. In EE if anyone’s interested. Brand new only mounted and never shot. Received only a couple days ago.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate everyone's honesty about your experiences with this optic rather than a lot of hype. Maybe it will help suppress my desire for a T2 to replace my M3.

I did pick up a good deal on an MRO and, despite the slightly blue hue, liked it very much. So last month I picked up the MRO HD hoping that it would be a nice improvement. First trip to the range for a limited test (not my primary weapon that day) on a bright sunny day in Texas left me confused on a 50 yard target - the dot almost disappeared on max brightness. I had checked it out before I left home so I thought the battery might be weak. Definitely not as bright as the MRO on max. However, what I discovered was that the sunglasses (Oakley) that I was wearing had a significant effect on the visibility of the dot. When I got home I tried a different brand of sunglasses and it did work better with those, however I still believe that the MRO is slightly brighter than the MRO HD. It may have to do with the dual reticle, both dot and circle dot. Plus there is a clearer lens view, which means less coating which could have an effect as well. It's certainly bright enough in bright sun light without sunglasses. I haven't had a chance to try it a second time.

Feedback Score
    MRO HD does not have any visible coating with a trade-off of 50% battery life of the regular MRO. (2.5 years vs 5 years)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast