Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 1911 question?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was thinking of making a trade to get it from him,and was thinking of parts it may need in the future.He doesn't "want" to sell it,i think it's a neat gun but i don't think it would be in my best interest.I don't really need a gun that could become useless if it broke!Any idea's on it's NIB value though???Just curious at this point!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARPATRIOT View Post
    I was thinking of making a trade to get it from him,and was thinking of parts it may need in the future.He doesn't "want" to sell it,i think it's a neat gun but i don't think it would be in my best interest.I don't really need a gun that could become useless if it broke!Any idea's on it's NIB value though???Just curious at this point!

As far as pricing, not off the top of my head. I'd do a search on Gunbroker or Gunsamerica, and maybe check out the S&W Forums to get an idea on current pricing.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score

maybe a 945?

Not sure if my memory is right re: the Smith nomenclature, but didn't they make a 1911-ish looking gun some time before getting into the design that they push now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattjmcd View Post
    Not sure if my memory is right re: the Smith nomenclature, but didn't they make a 1911-ish looking gun some time before getting into the design that they push now?
    Yes, the 945's are much more 1911-ish than the 645/4506 pistols are.

On the subject of Sonny Crockett...he also used a Sig P220 in the pilot, then used the Bren 10 for the first two seasons then switched to the 645...which he used until the final season when he switched to the 4506.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12