Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster XM15 probably from the ban era.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Anything's possible, but all factory A2/A4 Bushmasters that I've seen came with the standard A2 flash suppressor. That muzzle brake looks aftermarket. Also looks like your carrier key needs to be staked.
    Yeah, it might be easier to just buy a staked one, and this one for a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The ban ended in 2004. Were flattops a thing yet?
    I bought two ban Bushmasters around 2000 and they both were flat tops with removable carry handles. I still have one of the lowers
    Last edited by wetidlerjr; 08-30-20 at 13:19.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by scottcc View Post
    The add says permanently attached brake, this one may not be permanent because it has a pin and likely not threaded.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it may well not be the "Shorty AK" but I posted this because someone mentioned it.
    I do (vaguely) remember the AK style brake being offered separately in their catalogue.
    Last edited by wetidlerjr; 08-30-20 at 13:21.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The L prefix with over 100k num is well into the ban time frame. If I remember correctly, L prefix and under 50-51k should be preban, there was a lot of question on complete guns in the 50-55k numbers. The issue was there were just receivers and not complete. The shorty AK's where actually good running guns, despite the experts here saying otherwise. Bushmaster was pressing and pinning the Y comps and AK brakes mainly due to the NY market as they specified, no threads underneath.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    You wonder if the "Bushmaster" brand will make a comeback at some point.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You wonder if the "Bushmaster" brand will make a comeback at some point.
    I think only if the current Windham and some former Bushmaster guys believe it would be profitable.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like a shaved off bayonet lug too. Definitely ban compliant for something

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    The L prefix with over 100k num is well into the ban time frame. If I remember correctly, L prefix and under 50-51k should be preban, there was a lot of question on complete guns in the 50-55k numbers. The issue was there were just receivers and not complete. The shorty AK's where actually good running guns, despite the experts here saying otherwise. Bushmaster was pressing and pinning the Y comps and AK brakes mainly due to the NY market as they specified, no threads underneath.
    Aha no threads

Yeah I had a flat top “ban bushy”...just crowned on the end
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    The “Shorty AK” was available as an A2 or A3. The AK74 style brake was permanently attached, and brought the 14.5” bbl to the legal
    16”. The carbine was sans bayo lug.
    The 74 brake was available on other uppers with different bbl lengths from Bushmaster.
    The Shorty AK was fine, just stake that carrier key, and definitely put a BCM (or equivalent) extractor spring and buffer in it, and it’s good to go.
    Skip

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Those muzzle breaks were offered by Bushmaster as a standard catalog item. They were very common on 94-04 ban era rifles. The carrier key needs proper staking after ensuring the screws are properly torqued.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast