Thread: Plate advice needed, I waited too long :(

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Question Plate advice needed, I waited too long :(

Hey fellas,

I did a good job stocking up on guns and ammo, but armor somehow never made the purchase list. My fault. I don't expect things out there to get better, so I'm trying to figure out my options.

I'm a fan of SKD and am currently eyeing either their PIG PC or PIG BRIG. I can get either (still in stock) with their Carbine plates, which I realize is single curve. I'm in decent shape, 45" chest, 35" waist, 6 foot tall, 200lbs. I'm pretty sure the single curve plate will stand off of my chest if I strap it down around my waist.

With that in mind, given that everything everywhere is out of stock, should I buy the combo (~$1K), or are there multi-curve plates worth buying still available out there? I'd really like Level IV, but the few places I found (DSG sells Hesco) make those only available to LE or Military. Sadly I'm neither.

Just looking for some advice here. I could get one of the PIGs without plates, the PC takes any size ESAPI I believe, but the BRIG I'd have to order in the correct size for me (I'm not sure what that would be, Large maybe?)

Any help on plate options would be appreciated. I should add that I don't necessarily have a price range given the riots, but I'm also not made of money
    Last edited by dieselnut; 08-30-20 at 21:02.