Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plate advice needed, I waited too long :(

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    The above suggestions are excellent. Just to add Bullet Proof ME is solid and they seem to have shorter lead times on some plates - http://bulletproofme.com/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have RMA level4 in a SKD Paraclete carrier..nice set up, but a bit heavy with mags and side plates. So I started doing more weight training and cardio..lol

recently got some Level3 plates from LA Police Gear...the one Mr GunsandGear tested on YouTube and they seem decent in a Condor MOPC carrier...which I am impressed. I ordered some Level3A soft armor for the cummerbund com AT Armor, great service by the way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    RMA shows 2-4 week lead time for the 1155s. I've got some, they're just fine.

Single curve isn't that bad, you get used to the stand-out, and don't notice it. Until your buddy's brass lands in the gap!

Ain't nothin' though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselnut View Post
    Ok, thank you, and I'll do some reading. Where do you guys buy Hesco plates from? DSG or other places?
    I got mine from T-rex arms. They do a drop every week or two. I got mine 2 weeks ago, shipped the next day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I decided I wanted to set up a second plate carrier recently. I have an old Shellback Banshee carrier and went looking for plates for it...Not a simple task. Ended up buying the Duritium GT II's- special threat. Seemed like a good compromise between most likely faced threats, cost and weight.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    So I've been doing a bunch of reading, any thoughts on Hesco 3810? I know it's thicker and slightly heavier than U210, but it seems like it'd get the job done.

Also, thoughts on mixing sizes? I think I may be a Medium in front, but any reason not to get a Large for the back? The PIG PC can take both sizes.
    Last edited by dieselnut; 09-01-20 at 13:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselnut View Post
    So I've been doing a bunch of reading, any thoughts on Hesco 3810? I know it's thicker and slightly heavier than U210, but it seems like it'd get the job done.

Also, thoughts on mixing sizes? I think I may be a Medium in front, but any reason not to get a Large for the back? The PIG PC can take both sizes.
    I would say that you really shouldn't underestimate how much thickness could impact your performance. Also, a thick plate makes it more uncomfortable to sit for long periods when resting against something, mostly an issue for folks sitting in a car for long periods of times with their plates on, so not necessarily topical. That being said, you can certainly work around 1" plates, and if the price is right, the threats it can defeat and weight are certainly strong points for the model.

Mixing sizes is fine, IMO, if you're going to be wedded to that PC, but many don't have adjustable/universal plate bags, so if you ever end up switching to a different carrier, it could make things awkward.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hesco 3810s are GTG.

Some folks advocate a larger plate in back, but most of us do not, as it would just add weight and imbalance things.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    +1 for Hesco 3810 (LVL 3+ special threat, NIJ cert, multi-hit rated, multi-curve, light).

My recommendation is a shooter/swimmer cut for the front and ESAPI for the rear.

The 210s are LVL 4 but they're single curve and not NIJ cert from what I recall.

RMA and Hoplite have some more economical options that I would not overlook.

Multi-/triple-curve are going to be more comfortable than single curve.

NIJ tested vs NIJ certified are not the same.

This is a great package that I have been recommending:

https://wraithdefense.com/products/b...9367ac12&_ss=r
    Last edited by scooter22; 09-01-20 at 15:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    +1 for Hesco 3810 (LVL 3+ special threat, NIJ cert, multi-hit rated, multi-curve, light).

My recommendation is a shooter/swimmer cut for the front and ESAPI for the rear.

The 210s are LVL 4 but they're single curve and not NIJ cert from what I recall.

RMA and Hoplite have some more economical options that I would not overlook.

Multi-/triple-curve are going to be more comfortable than single curve.

NIJ tested vs NIJ certified are not the same.

This is a great package that I have been recommending:

https://wraithdefense.com/products/b...9367ac12&_ss=r
    I think you're thinking of the L210, which are single curve special threat and fairly inexpensive. I'm talking about the U210, which are multi-curve special threat and are much more expensive.

I made contact with Mike from AT Armor, so I feel I'm in good hands now. I also have some feelers out to other companies. By the way. T-Rex Arms has 3810s in Large ESAPI in stock, apparently, if anyone else is looking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast