Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Put bipod on M Lok Rail yesterday and it won't stay tight

Feedback Score

Put bipod on M Lok Rail yesterday and it won't stay tight

Finally got around to digging out bipods for my PA10 with M Lok and every couple shots the bipods gets loose.

Normally bipods not only contact the stud but the pads on both sides contact the stock (wood forearms) but the M LOK taper is different and the pads are 1/8" off the M LOK. It was so bad that I could actually shoot smaller groups off nothing but sand bags ! ! !

I am now thinking of how I am going to get padding in between and so far have not figured out what to use as hard sheet rubber doesn't exist that I have ever seen available. I figure I need about 1/4" hard sheet rubber or plastic like material is the way to go.

Anybody else ever run into this problem?

The closest thing I can think of is getting rubber like belting. I figure 5/8" wide, length of bipod pads in length and 1/4" thick.

OH yes another thing I got a bipod mount off ebay for the M Lok bipod AND IT DID NOT FIT ! ! ! !

The little protrusions (3) that are oblong that insert into the M LOK key slots (3) are about .010 TOO WIDE ON EACH SIDE ! ! ! I wound up having to chuck the adaptor up in my mill and took a keyway cutter mill and took off both sides and I could not have asked for a better fit as it not only fit but was snug going in. Thus be careful of the bipod/sling adapters MADE IN CHINA ! ! ! ! Unless you have a mill or a buddy with one. Going to a machine shop will probaby cost you 25.00 to get a 10.00 adaptor to fit.
    Last edited by Humpy70; 08-31-20 at 06:34.

Feedback Score
    Damn dude.....too early for all the YELLING!

Quit buying Chinese junk. I have a few bipods. One, a MagPul model, is a direct attach MLok, it has never loosened.
    The other two are Harris and Atlas. They use a short picatinny rail section, never had issues with them either.

Blue thread locker and 10 lbs/in torque

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I suppose one could just buy genuine products and not Chinese kockoffs. I guess there's always that.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I use Magpul and IWC Mlok sling stud adapters for my Harris bipod. Neither has an issue like you describe.

The IWC is currently used on my 22lr upper, but it was OK on a 5.56 with an ALG rail.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Already have the Blue Loctite. I just ordered two adaptors made by Timber Creek Outdoors made in USA. I will move the CHICOM to a sling swivel attachment location.

That was all I saw of when I was looking. Thought others needed to be warned of such if cruising ebay which is why I wrote the warning.
    Last edited by Humpy70; 08-31-20 at 10:46.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpy70 View Post
    Already have the Blue Loctite. I just ordered two adaptors made by Timber Creek Outdoors made in USA. I will move the CHICOM to a sling swivel attachment location.

That was all I saw of when I was looking. Thought others needed to be warned of such if cruising ebay which is why I wrote the warning.
    But you still have the more than likely Chi-Com hand guard. People who shop at eBay and PSA deserve what they get.

Feedback Score
    M Lok is Chicom made? I thought they were part of Magpul?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    M LOK is an open standard, not a brand.

Feedback Score
    Interesting, my forearm came from Palmetto State Armory and the bipod is a Harris. It appears to be the adapter was improperly made/designed as it doesn't contact the padded areas (5:00 & 7:00) on the Harris bipods like other designs do. I got a look at a Daniel Defense mount and it has the contact points that coincide with the bipod. The ones I have ordered appear to have similar features as the Daniel Defense. Thus the needed contact points on the CHICOM mount are non existent and the pillars were not milled properly but it will now work as a sling attachment, just not for a bipod. Had I not had my mill it would not have been salvageable.

My third bipod I got at Walmart and it is on a Rem 700 maybe 15 years ago and it prints under 1.5" at 300 yards and has never came loose. The wood stock is wider thus it contacts the bipod pads.

I finally found my other Harris and it is a 9-13 swivel and it will replace the 6-9" Harris.
    Last edited by Humpy70; 09-01-20 at 01:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpy70 View Post
    Interesting, mine came from Palmetto State Armory.

ETA:
    How about you provide a link to the exact item?
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-31-20 at 21:26. Reason: Being nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast