Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Glock P80 (Retro Glock 17)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is the NES Mini all over again. God I hate Gun People and the Arfcom loser bunch.

I hope Glock cranks out a few years worth. It’s meant to be a fun piece of retro. Not a bunch of fat comic book kids trying to turn $600 dollars into $1600.

Just let people have their Cold War retro gats in peace

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Per retro holsters, I believe they were made by Glock too.

https://i.ebayimg.com/10/!BhJJ7Q!!mk~$(KGrHqQH-E!EsLcRW3W)BLH3KtI-k!~~_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007
    It looks like Glock makes a "duty" holster that's virtually identical, except for having a 1.75" wide belt loop instead of the metal hanger.

And, of course, it's called the... "Glock duty holster". Googling it sucks.

The one with the metal hanger is apparently sold by Glock as the... "Glock military holster". And it sucks even more trying to find, except on Glock's EU website (where nothing is for sale).

The "duty" holster is dirt cheap, though, at $21-ish from Glock's US webstore.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    In a way, this kinda makes me wanna go down the rabbit hole. A retro AUG, an STG-58, and a P38. At one time or another, I have owned all three. But I have matured a bit in terms of what I really want.

I’m no Austriaboo but they did have a great Cold War Aesthetic.
    I just want to go to a two-gun retro match and LARP like it's an alternate 1985 where the M16A2 came out more like the C7 and the winner of the XM9 trials was a gun that didn't even have a serial number on the frame, just the slide and barrel - slash - like a Norwegian Ranger in the World in Conflict missions set around Murmansk.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 09-06-20 at 00:55.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Glock also makes a "safety holster", which doesn't seem to be available in the US:

https://eu.glock.com/en/products/glo...safety-holster

Feedback Score
    First to mill for a RMR and post it on GlockTalk or Arfcom gets 1,000,000,000 internet points.

I think this is a good thing. The cops from the 90s can get their retro blaster to fit in the Safariland model 070 they still have in a box somewhere. We can have the aftermarket make Glock Model 7 slides for us Die Hard fans to lust after. I might pick one up just to have as a contrast to my G17.5 with RMR, X300U, and Dawson magwell that I use for a duty gun.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    To be really period correct, this gun should come with a Van Halen or Missing Persons poster.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    To be really period correct, this gun should come with a Van Halen or Missing Persons poster.
    In my minds eye, I like to pretend you are actually Christian Slater just posting on M4C. And you don’t disappoint

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    First to mill for a RMR and post it on GlockTalk or Arfcom gets 1,000,000,000 internet points.

I think this is a good thing. The cops from the 90s can get their retro blaster to fit in the Safariland model 070 they still have in a box somewhere. We can have the aftermarket make Glock Model 7 slides for us Die Hard fans to lust after. I might pick one up just to have as a contrast to my G17.5 with RMR, X300U, and Dawson magwell that I use for a duty gun.
    Question.

Do you have the duty or comp insert for your magwell? I was going to order said Dawson product for my gen5 and came to find out they discontinued the duty insert. I surmise the comp version can be made to work if push comes to shove via dremel and files however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Question.

Do you have the duty or comp insert for your magwell? I was going to order said Dawson product for my gen5 and came to find out they discontinued the duty insert. I surmise the comp version can be made to work if push comes to shove via dremel and files however.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine came with 2 inserts, the competition and one that would work with the Glock factory base pads. I'm using the comp version with Glock +2 base pads.

On the original topic, I'm in Boise ID right now and Independence Indoor Range and Gun Shop had 3 P80s in stock at $611 and change each.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    I think Glock messed up their pistols, when they went away from this edition. The public thinks it needs checkering on the grip press it in don't add material on. Finger groves I remember in the 80's some guys were adding them to 1911's.

I am so over Glock's that I will not buy one, I got like 10 Glocks that haven't been touched in years. The only Glock that I still carry is the 26 for when I don;t want to carry a real pistol.

CZ P07/09 is where I hang my hat.

Welcome back Firefly

Feedback Score
    I like the lines of the Gen 1 gun. It looks better than the Gen 5.

But, as mentioned, Gen 5 is probably the way to go. Let me check my safe....

...yup, there's a G17.5 sitting in there.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast