Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock P80 (Retro Glock 17)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Glock P80 (Retro Glock 17)

*Cue Blue Monday by New Order.

We finally live in a post Retro world. They made Retro ARs, a Retro Steyr AUG, Colt made a Retro XM-177E2 and a Colt Python (both overpriced).

Now a retro Glock. Part of me thinks it is neat but $600 dollars for bleeding edge 1980 technology is a hard sell.

I’m glad it exists but Gen 5s are the right answer. All anybody wanted is the no finger grooves.

I can’t wait for the 2030s when everybody gets nostalgic over Beretta 92s, Gen 3 Glocks, and Quad rails and ACOGs on early GWOT builds.
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

*Cue Blue Monday by New Order.

We finally live in a post Retro world. They made Retro ARs, a Retro Steyr AUG, Colt made a Retro XM-177E2 and a Colt Python (both overpriced).

Now a retro Glock. Part of me thinks it is neat but $600 dollars for bleeding edge 1980 technology is a hard sell.

I’m glad it exists but Gen 5s are the right answer. All anybody wanted is the no finger grooves.

I can’t wait for the 2030s when everybody gets nostalgic over Beretta 92s, Gen 3 Glocks, and Quad rails and ACOGs on early GWOT builds.
    Everything old is new again. I like it, and have 5 on pre order. Two for me and three for other officers. I have always wanted a first Gen just because, and there is was no way I could get a 1st Gen in never fired new condition for 6 bills.

While it is commissioned as a 1st Gen, it is a still new production, and production techniques are much better now than they were in the 80's. On top of the fact, Glocks overall haven't really changed all that much mechanically until the the Gen5's.

So with that is $600 really that hard to expect for a new production pistol 80's period design aside. Look at what Colt was asking for their Retro 1911 when it was introduced. It certainly wasn't want they cost in the 40's, and they sold a ton of them.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    Evidently Glock doesn't do their familiar Tenifer finish any more, so these retro versions will have a different finish. I'm guessing their nDLC?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I wish to hit it like the fist of an angry god.

ETA: Apart from Covid Madness, I would expect to see these retail at prices similar to Gen3, 4, 5 pistols.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 09-01-20 at 16:18.

Feedback Score
    I know this is supposed to be a "special edition", but if it turns out to be a runaway seller I would imagine that Glock would consider doing further runs (I hope).

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Total first run is 10k units with half on the way as of Sept 1 and the other half within a month or two.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    All anybody wanted is the no finger grooves.
    Is this because of hand size or something else? I've fired both gen 2 and gen 3 and I didn't have a preference.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Hahah that has already started.

I like it! If you don't use a light it is probably perfect.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Whoa wait these are for sale?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast