View Poll Results: Full size or shorty can?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • QDC

5 41.67%
  • QDC CQB

7 58.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First rifle can: KAC QDC vs QDC CQB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    12.5 and 14.5 get mini cans

10.5 and 11.5 get full size

This is the way

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I think you’re the only person I’ve ever seen say that the SF has less blowback than a QDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, which is why I asked if he's tried both cans on both rifles.

Feedback Score
    Must be me and a sample size of 1 then. I am very happy with my three SOCOM cans: SOCOM 762 (gen 1) that spends much of its time on a SCAR 17s, SOCOM 556 RC2 and Genesis 762 (which I put my Tikka T3x CTR). Love them all.

I need a piston upper to try (I want a Barrett Rec 7 when they come back in stock). I’ll put the Knight’s can on then, or maybe if I get my hands on a SCAR 16s again. It’s a good can, and I like the mounting system. However, I think the Surefire is a better overall can on DI ARs...........I will be buying an OSS 762 can. Perhaps their design is a better way to go with non-adjustable gas blocks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't have a knights, but let me give you my opinion based on my surefire RC2s, I have both the full size and the mini.

I go the full size first, I liked it but read so much about mini cans on this forum I really wanted to see what the hype was about. The mini came in stock and I bought one.

The size and weight difference is quite notable when mounted on a gun. More notable than the numbers on paper would lead you to believe.

For sound the full size is quite a bit quieter on all length barrels. Its awesome on my Recce, but lives on an 11.5", I think when people say 12.5" and up get the mini there is some truth to this, as a gun gets bigger the full size can is quite cumbersome. That and that the mini can is really to small sound wise for anything under a 12.5".

So I say get the full size first. Then get a mini if you want. At this point I'm thinking of picking up another fullsize surefire. After playing with the different suppressors on all different length guns I've come to the conclusion that if your going to go suppressed do it with a full size can and 11.5" barrel, use it some times on a recce. Other wise I didn't really find a combo that I love. My mini lives on a 14.5" gun, it works well there, its not much bigger than the 11.5 with the full size. But the 11.5" with the fullsize is quieter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12