Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NX8 mounting height

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Thanks to Brownells, I could try both and know for sure which *I* prefer, send one back and was only out a little shipping. I tried both the Badger 1.700" height and the 1.930" height, I sent the 1.700" height back.
    I am using my Badger 1.930" mount with a K16i. As they say, different strokes for different folks.
    Last edited by Biggy; 09-09-20 at 12:21.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I had one in both a 1.5 and a 1.93 (only because of laser). I like tbe 1.5 the best for the NX8.
    I've been wondering about that, it seems to me with NX8 tight eyebox the 1.5" mount would be beneficial for a more consistant cheekweld. I typically run 1.93" with my LPVO carbines and recent got a Geissele 2.04” mount to check out, but I'm leaning toward something lower with NX8, still haven't tried a 1.7" maybe it would be a happy medium.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I've been wondering about that, it seems to me with NX8 tight eyebox the 1.5" mount would be beneficial for a more consistant cheekweld. I typically run 1.93" with my LPVO carbines and recent got a Geissele 2.04” mount to check out, but I'm leaning toward something lower with NX8, still haven't tried a 1.7" maybe it would be a happy medium.
    Do you have the extra height for a Laser?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I had one in both a 1.5 and a 1.93 (only because of laser). I like tbe 1.5 the best for the NX8.
    Same.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Do you have the extra height for a Laser?
    Yes on one. I also perfer the taller mounts doing "action style" shooting for the more natural "heads-up" position, but my SPR has a 1.5". I would not be using a laser on the weapon with the NX8 as one of the goals for that gun is minimal weight.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 03-03-21 at 23:48.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Yes on one. I also perfer the taller mounts doing "action style" shooting for the more natural "heads-up" position, but my SPR has a 1.5". I would not be using a laser on the weapon with the NX8 as one of the goals for that gun is minimal weight.
    If that is the case, no laser, I would stick with the 1.5 mount.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    What about a laser mounted on the side instead of on top? Go or no go?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    What about a laser mounted on the side instead of on top? Go or no go?
    If you mount the laser on the side then there is no reason for the extra height. So a 1.5 would work. I do this on my Noveske 308 AR because I also use a PVS22 on it and I need a 1.5 scope mount to properly align the scope and the PVS22. I have the laser on the side. See here:

OLD Picture. I now have a Vortex Gen III 1-10 on this.... and much more paint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12