Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It’s called a destructive device cause of what it does to your bank account.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm a pretty no nonsense gear guy. But I have to admit, I'd like one of these even though you can't get HEDP rounds for it.
    My mentality exactly. I’ve always wanted a DD in my inventory. It really is pretty impractical, but you can make and buy some actual useful rounds. However, this damn thing IS fun and is a crowd pleaser for sure.
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What kind of equipment is involved with making your own rounds?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    What kind of equipment is involved with making your own rounds?
    There’s a ton of info out there, you just have to work for it. And the misinformation surrounding these is insane. There reloading, then there’s making. Reloading can be done for a around $3-$5 per round after the initial $11-$15 per round has been bought. You really don’t need much right off the bat. The blanks just push in and out of the case and the rounds are just hand pressed in and glued with black RTV. This is reloading M781 practice ammo. 38 s&w blanks/launching blanks can be had dirt cheap and so can most of the components. Ive been turning solid Delrin projectiles on my lathe. I’m also starting to test pouring my own solid urethane projectiles in a mold. Other than that, you make pretty much anything you can fit into the nose cone. It’s a big payload to play with.
    Last edited by 99HMC4; 09-11-20 at 19:12.
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    What kind of range are you getting with those .38s&w blanks?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dunno, never went for range. I’d assume you could lob it out to 300 with “reasonable” accuracy. That’s with M781 chalk rounds, the solid Delrin rounds I’ve made would go further, but would start to wobble. There only pushing 300ish FPS muzzle velocities with a 4.58oz projectile...
    FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    What kind of range are you getting with those .38s&w blanks?
    Military practice grenades, which have nearly identical performance to the HE grenades, use the same blanks... performance is the same, minus the loud noise at the end.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    Military practice grenades, which have nearly identical performance to the HE grenades, use the same blanks... performance is the same, minus the loud noise at the end.
    Yeah could remember how the chalk rounds were loaded. Wasn’t sure if there was a powder charge other than the blank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12