Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optic for Mk18 Build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Optic for Mk18 Build

EDIT- Mk12, I've got two orders on the brain

I've built a lower and waiting for Centurion to get more mk12 uppers in stock, but I am overwhelmed by scope options even with just Vortex. I have a R700 with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 that I'm a big fan of but I imagine that's overkill for a 5.56 SPR build.

I can afford another $1000 scope, but I don't want to spend that much, id prefer more like $500 unless there is a big leap in value somewhere in the middle. I want a scope that matches the mk12's capabilities, but I currently live near a range that only goes to 100 yards. I would prefer an illuminated MOA reticle. Basically the Viper's little brother would probably be fine?

This is not a 100% clone- I don't care what the real Mk12s used, just looking for a narrower pool to look at.
    Last edited by J8127; 09-03-20 at 14:11. Reason: Im stupid

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well if your really trying to save money; I recently put a diamond back tactical 4-16x44 Mrad through a match and I am impressed with the glass and turrets. I shot poorly because the weather. Yea thats my excuse, the weather was bad that day; but after the match I managed to put hits on the 1080 yard target dialing the turrets.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    You basically can’t go wrong with a 1-? LPVO for an SPR especially if you’re usually shooting 100 yards anyway.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check out the Nikon FX1000 series of scopes.
    Nikon got out of riflescopes this year & these can be had gor VERY good prices.
    Ive got a 4x16x50 MRAD Illluminated reticle...VERY nice scope, built solidly, great glass, turrets are awesome, illumnation great.
    I just looked on Amazon where I got mine..my scope is $499. I paid $469 several months back.
    Before buying- I looked at a busload of reviews and they were almost all super happy with the scope.
    Other Nikon models are also very well priced now.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the 4-14 silver using the ACSS and really like everything about it except China. This should be an improvement in every way and uses a 100 yard initial zero.

https://www.primaryarms.com/glx-2.5-...2-5.56-reticle

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Not sure if you picked one up yet. But I second the Diamondback Tactical. Excellent for the price.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmorgul View Post
    You basically can’t go wrong with a 1-? LPVO for an SPR especially if you’re usually shooting 100 yards anyway.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!
    This. Seems to me the evolutionary path of the modernized SPR includes a LPVO in 1-6x or 1-8x. Especially considering the distances you mostly plan on shooting.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Its very hard to beat the Vortex PST lines. Either the 2.5-10 or 3-15 will meet your needs with a mil ladder reticle.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Its very hard to beat the Vortex PST lines. Either the 2.5-10 or 3-15 will meet your needs with a mil ladder reticle.
    Agreed. And buying used will get you closer to $500. Not much of a risk with their warranty.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 FFP, illuminated tree reticle, in QD mount, + offset or inline folding irons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast