Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Optic for Mk18 Build

Feedback Score
    I have a 1-10 Swampfox Arrowhead on my 20" 6.8. I have an Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30×56 on my 20" 308. I am very happy with both. I would have put a Swampfox Warhawk 5-25×56 on my 308, but I want willing to wait months for them to get them back in stock.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    LPVO is a good option. And ill add nothing bigger than 4-14X scope. For real cheap get a Vortex Diamondback. They come with MOA and MRAD reticles so you would not have to dial.

I shot one this Sunday and I think I bought mine on sale for like $250 or sumpin.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    After putting the Gen III Razor through some use, I’d probably want something that maxes out around 15x for an AR.

I’ve come to believe that six is minimum for an AR LPVO, 10x is ideal as a true do-all (assuming 1x capability) and just a little more than 10 would be ideal for a real SPR. Granted 10x is the highest mag that I’ve shot more than once, but there was once or twice I could’ve used moar power if I really wanted SPR precision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    https://cameralandny.com/shop/brands...iation=2153237

Better glass and Reticle than NF SHV 4-14 MOAR or Mil-R. Proven track record. Enough magnification to get everything out of a 5.56. You’ll be hard pressed to find a better scope for the money. Doug @ cameraland is good people and will talk you through options.

The discontinued Weaver Tactical scopes could be found for a deal. They’re dated but solid. They are LOW made optics. Bushnell handles their warranty work. Natchez was selling them in the +/- $500 range.

I’d skip the cheap Vortex models or anything else made in China, the Phillipenes as well. You can find used SWFA 3-9HD or 3-15’s for around $400. They have useable reticles, track good, decent to good glass, and hold up well under use. Cheesy name and logo.

I’d spend the money on a good scope.
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 12-15-20 at 23:19.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a Vortex PST Gen II 2.5x10 and an offset Deltapoint Pro on my SPR. It is hands down my favorite optic setup for this gun, and maybe my favorite AR all around. This particular scope can be had in FFP with your choice of reticles for under a grand, and when I consider the utility for its weight, I think it's a winner.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’m also running the Vortex Gen 2 2.5-10 on one of my mk18 clones.
    Does everything I need. Hits to 600 are easily doable with proper set up, have done further, but winds here are rough.
    First shot hits are usually a gift past 600.

Are there better optics for this gun? Sure, probably.
    Are there better optics close to this price point for this gun? I haven’t found it.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12