Thread: Optic for Mk18 Build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Optic for Mk18 Build

EDIT- Mk12, I've got two orders on the brain

I've built a lower and waiting for Centurion to get more mk12 uppers in stock, but I am overwhelmed by scope options even with just Vortex. I have a R700 with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 that I'm a big fan of but I imagine that's overkill for a 5.56 SPR build.

I can afford another $1000 scope, but I don't want to spend that much, id prefer more like $500 unless there is a big leap in value somewhere in the middle. I want a scope that matches the mk12's capabilities, but I currently live near a range that only goes to 100 yards. I would prefer an illuminated MOA reticle. Basically the Viper's little brother would probably be fine?

This is not a 100% clone- I don't care what the real Mk12s used, just looking for a narrower pool to look at.
    Last edited by J8127; 09-03-20 at 14:11. Reason: Im stupid

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well if your really trying to save money; I recently put a diamond back tactical 4-16x44 Mrad through a match and I am impressed with the glass and turrets. I shot poorly because the weather. Yea thats my excuse, the weather was bad that day; but after the match I managed to put hits on the 1080 yard target dialing the turrets.
    "Just throw Krylon on it"

Feedback Score
    You basically canít go wrong with a 1-? LPVO for an SPR especially if youíre usually shooting 100 yards anyway.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check out the Nikon FX1000 series of scopes.
    Nikon got out of riflescopes this year & these can be had gor VERY good prices.
    Ive got a 4x16x50 MRAD Illluminated reticle...VERY nice scope, built solidly, great glass, turrets are awesome, illumnation great.
    I just looked on Amazon where I got mine..my scope is $499. I paid $469 several months back.
    Before buying- I looked at a busload of reviews and they were almost all super happy with the scope.
    Other Nikon models are also very well priced now.
    " Be NOT ye afraid of them..
    Remember the Lord, for He is GREAT & TERRIBLE!
    FIGHT for your bretheren..for your sons & for your daughters,
    for your wives & for your households"!

Feedback Score
    I have the 4-14 silver using the ACSS and really like everything about it except China. This should be an improvement in every way and uses a 100 yard initial zero.

https://www.primaryarms.com/glx-2.5-...2-5.56-reticle

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Not sure if you picked one up yet. But I second the Diamondback Tactical. Excellent for the price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmorgul View Post
    You basically canít go wrong with a 1-? LPVO for an SPR especially if youíre usually shooting 100 yards anyway.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!
    This. Seems to me the evolutionary path of the modernized SPR includes a LPVO in 1-6x or 1-8x. Especially considering the distances you mostly plan on shooting.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Its very hard to beat the Vortex PST lines. Either the 2.5-10 or 3-15 will meet your needs with a mil ladder reticle.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Its very hard to beat the Vortex PST lines. Either the 2.5-10 or 3-15 will meet your needs with a mil ladder reticle.
    Agreed. And buying used will get you closer to $500. Not much of a risk with their warranty.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 FFP, illuminated tree reticle, in QD mount, + offset or inline folding irons.