Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The MFT Battlelink™ Aluminum Minimalist Stock

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question The MFT Battlelink™ Aluminum Minimalist Stock

Any thoughts on this?

https://www.missionfirsttactical.com/BMSMIL-MTL

I'm working on a high end V Seven build with the BATTLELINK™ MINIMALIST MILSPEC STOCK.
    https://www.missionfirsttactical.com/BMSMIL

The aluminum stock looks pretty nice.

Not much press on this stock as it is pretty new.

Here is the EXTREME Duty stock, also...

https://www.missionfirsttactical.com/BMSMIL-EXD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8K2lY6YThs

I like the Magpul UBR 2.0 but I have a mil spec buffer tube on this build.
    Last edited by Armadillo; 09-03-20 at 17:53.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The aluminum stock looks like it would bend if given a good shot on the tip of butt.

Mighty pricey at $180 bones.

But if you like it, that's all that matters.

Feedback Score
    It’s an aluminum hook on the end of your rifle instead of plastic. I didn’t care for minimalist plastic hook catching on everything, I’m sure the aluminum is just as impractical. Not sure what you’re trying to accomplish in your build, but the UBR is a completely different animal then the minimalist. Not sure if you’re going for looks or function?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Honestly seems kinda dumb. What am I accomplishing by spending 4x more besides making my gun heavier and burning my cheek on the range?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by me2hootyhoo View Post
    It’s an aluminum hook on the end of your rifle instead of plastic. I didn’t care for minimalist plastic hook catching on everything, I’m sure the aluminum is just as impractical. Not sure what you’re trying to accomplish in your build, but the UBR is a completely different animal then the minimalist. Not sure if you’re going for looks or function?
    At least the polymer version has places to attach paracord or shock cord to “complete the triangle” and prevent most snags. At one time, it was one of the lightest stocks you could buy for under $60. In 2020 the design kind of feels dated.

Not sure what the deal is with making it out of aluminum. Also kind of looks terrible. Form and function don’t make sense + expensive AF = hard pass.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by me2hootyhoo View Post
    I'm looking for something very durable to go on a carbine buffer tube.

Feedback Score
    It would be bad in cold or hot temps, so a no-go for me. Metal handguards are a necessary evil imo for lights and mounts. I wrap them in tape. Spending more for a metal stock with the same function plus detriments doesnt make sense IMO- unless im missing something.

Feedback Score
    Weird. Is it metal on metal with the buffer tube? I’m not feeling it, in fact, I won’t feel it, ever.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This shit here needs to go in the other thread on the dumbest stuff for an AR.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    The only benefits to such a stock are the ability to resist heat(thermal decontamination) and using the butt as an impact weapon when restricting access to unarmed belligerents.

99.998% of the time your would be better served by a lightweight modern polymer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast