Thread: Eotech e/xps2-0 vs 3-0

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Eotech e/xps2-0 vs 3-0

I'm considering an eotech. I'm seeing each model with the brightness settings on the side, and some with them on the back. Which is which? The eotech website shows the 2 and 3 looking identical, but some reviews and pics show the different locations of the buttons. What am I missing or getting confused on?

I'm not concerned with the NV feature or water resistance rating of the 3 series.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Eotech e/xps2-0 vs 3-0

The advantage of side buttons is really only if you use a magnifiers behind the optic IMHO.

The buttons on the rear can sometimes be difficult to reach if the magnifier is in the way.

The 2 has no night vision setting.

The 3 has night vision settings.

I think the side buttons are only on the EXPS and not on the XPS. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mig1nc; 09-04-20 at 05:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    The advantage of side buttons is really only if you use a magnifiers behind the optic IMHO.

The buttons on the rear can sometimes be difficult to reach if the magnifier is in the way.

The 2 has no night vision setting.

The 3 has night vision settings.

I think the side buttons are only on the EXPS and not on the XPS. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You nailed it.
    Here comes the thunder.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    yep, i see it now. the exps has the buttons on the side.

i don't plan on using a magnifier.

when you can't sleep and you're trying to research stuff on your phone at 1am, sometimes things get confusing lol

thank you!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The 518 also has the settings on the side, and the difference between it and the EXPS-3 is the battery. Also the XPS does not have the QR lever; the EXPS (2 or 3) does.

Feedback Score
    I dont understand the whole battery issue to be fair. Most poeple who are aimpoint guys, which i am one, will admit that they change batteries once a year anyways and with an eotech its two. I get the constant on argument which is why i use a t1 on my HD gun, but for my go to "battle rifle", i prefer the reticle of the Eotech. All of my accessories are in cr123 anyway and i don't mind carrying spares and changing stuff out.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I believe xps is absolute co-witness and will need riser and exps is 1/3 co-witness.
    Last edited by AwaySooner; 09-06-20 at 13:03.