Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HM Defense

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boss_hawg View Post
    Nitride treated right?
    From the email they replied to it is unlined with cerakote on the outside. No coating on inside of barrel. You would think they would nitride it like pretty much every other company not selling chrome lined or stainless

I believe the nitride was in reference to their BCG which is fine, but i prefer a C158 bolt over 9310 and good old phosphate has never let me down. NP3 is my choice for a coated BCG, or Cryptic Coatings DLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus15 View Post
    I believe it is untreated completely.
    Gotcha ... he had moved on to talking about the BCG when he mentioned nitride finish.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus15 View Post
    I emailed and got this response...

“ Hello

Barrels are 4150 chromolly steel( chrome is in the steel)

No chrome coating added to bore.

Black cerakote finish on exterior of the barrel.

Bolts are 9310
    Carriers 8620
    Black nitride finish
    All Milspec processes are performed, including shot peening, heat treat, mpi.

Regards
    Clay Barker
    GM”
    I don't see HPT in that list. Not to be a dick, but without proof of third party testing it's all lip service.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    I don't see HPT in that list. Not to be a dick, but without proof of third party testing it's all lip service.
    The barrel or the bolt? Hell, Centurion doesn’t HPT their bolts for instance and we all love Centurion.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    The barrel or the bolt? Hell, Centurion doesn’t HPT their bolts for instance and we all love Centurion.
    Neither does Knight's. But really proof testing is a holdover method of testing & quality control. We don't need to blow things up to see how they handle pressure anymore, it can be reliably modelled on a computer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wouldn't take a gun like this for free. They may do a decent job of making a rifle, but the downside risk is too great. And the gun industry is bursting with shit bags who are just trying to make a buck by selling garbage.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    The bolt. There's no sense in doing MPT if you haven't done HPT. They're part of a process.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yeah, for the money, I would go with a known, reputable manufacturer.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    The bolt. There's no sense in doing MPT if you haven't done HPT. They're part of a process.
    You’re correct, but we see high quality manufacturers who are not doing these processes in full and yet we have no problem. Or at least not widely discussed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm trying to understand where they are getting their pricing from. Very expensive for the features present imho. I'm ok with unlined barrels, they can be very accurate and proper care, no issues

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast