Thread: New 11.5 Pistol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

New 11.5 Pistol

I just recently had the chance to purchase a BCM 11.5 pistol. I've been doing some searches and see a lot of recommendations for a Spikes T2, A5, or H2/H3 buffers with assorted recommendations for different springs.

The pistol comes with an H buffer and carbine spring. I don't plan on running it surpressed and I'll just be shooting range ammo primarily.

Is there anything wrong with running the pistol how it came?

Thanks for the input!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Run it as is and see how it performs, but my experience with BCM 11.5" uppers is that it will run smoother with an H2 buffer.

I would avoid the Spikes buffers, there was a pretty good write up on why they do the opposite of what they claim to do and I'll see if I can find it.

The A5 is a complete system and the buffer cannot be used with a standard carbine length receiver extension. The A5 is definitely an upgrade and I use it on all my rifles, but it isn't a must have.

Enjoy your new pistol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks! Everything else I've got a run an H buffer so I'll have to buy an H2. But I'll run both and see what works best.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd say an H2 is a safe bet, I'd venture to say usinf a Sprinco Blue spring would also be a safe bet.

See if you can measure your gas port, there're reports that BCM's 11.5s are overgassed.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...38#post2879238

If yours has a .076" gas port size, you're probably going to want the H2 and Sprinco blue as a minimum.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    I'd say an H2 is a safe bet, I'd venture to say usinf a Sprinco Blue spring would also be a safe bet.

See if you can measure your gas port, there're reports that BCM's 11.5s are overgassed.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...38#post2879238

If yours has a .076" gas port size, you're probably going to want the H2 and Sprinco blue as a minimum.
    I personally would just follow CS's recommendation for buffer and spring. I'm too lazy to tear down a new gun to measure a gas port.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would recommend an H2 as well. It's the sweet spot of buffers, for everything in my experience.

Chances are though it'll run well as it is, just maybe less jumpy with the H2.

Feedback Score
    When I was putting my lower together I used Sionics guts. I called to ask about the spring and buffer and told the guy I was going to be running a BCM 11.5 and they suggested the H2 buffer and the Sprinco blue spring. It seems to be running fine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the input, guys. I think I'm going to start with the H2 and sprinco spring.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    I just recently had the chance to purchase a BCM 11.5 pistol. I've been doing some searches and see a lot of recommendations for a Spikes T2, A5, or H2/H3 buffers with assorted recommendations for different springs.

The pistol comes with an H buffer and carbine spring. I don't plan on running it surpressed and I'll just be shooting range ammo primarily.

Is there anything wrong with running the pistol how it came?

Thanks for the input!
    It will run fine just like that.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.