Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are primers readily available?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Gun guys are the worst panicky bitches out there. I've lived through too many of these tard festivals to give a shit anymore.

We keep a hearty inventory of components good times or bad.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Are primers readily available?

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Gun guys are the worst panicky bitches out there. I've lived through too many of these tard festivals to give a shit anymore.

Yup. It’s usually one of two ways, enough to arm a company or you’ve not got enough.

Had a friend ask me to give him a couple hundred rounds to take a date shooting. I didn’t. I’ve been telling him for months to buy ammo and stock up. He said he didn’t because he was “broke”. Today he bought a Staccato P Duo and has less than 200 rounds of ammo to his stash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Uh-oh, another hoarder!

In defense of us gun guys who keep a hearty inventory:

1. Nobody's talking about banning beer or gasoline or drinking water, but I keep several weeks' supply of each of those.

2. Having lived in California 26 of the last 28 years (don't start), my mentality has become "buy it now or never."

(Did I need a third AR lower a couple years ago? No, but the deadline to register them was approaching.
    Did I need to stockpile a 10-year supply of rimfire ammo and shotshells? No, but the ban on online ammo sales was approaching... )

So, I probably won't use those 20,000 CCI 41s anytime soon, but primers are non-perishable, relatively cheap, and easy to store, and I rest easy knowing I have enough to last me the next 20 years (or until I die, whichever comes first).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Uh-oh, another hoarder!

In defense of us gun guys who keep a hearty inventory:

1. Nobody's talking about banning beer or gasoline or drinking water, but I keep several weeks' supply of each of those.

2. Having lived in California 26 of the last 28 years (don't start), my mentality has become "buy it now or never."

(Did I need a third AR lower a couple years ago? No, but the deadline to register them was approaching.
    Did I need to stockpile a 10-year supply of rimfire ammo and shotshells? No, but the ban on online ammo sales was approaching... )

So, I probably won't use those 20,000 CCI 41s anytime soon, but primers are non-perishable, relatively cheap, and easy to store, and I rest easy knowing I have enough to last me the next 20 years (or until I die, whichever comes first).
    Nobody is blaming you for doing it. I’ve got more than that by a lot.

Guys like me don’t buy stuff las minute.

Either way, if still meets the definition.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Nobody is blaming you for doing it.

I thought "hoarding" has a negative connotation...

Feedback Score
    It’s called stockpiling. Hoarding implies you won’t use what you’ve gathered.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I learned my lesson after Sandy Hook. Even if I trash the 2300 Remington 7 1/2 primers I have left that Remington says should not be used with LC brass I still have more than enough to last years and years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I learned my lesson after Sandy Hook. Even if I trash the 2300 Remington 7 1/2 primers I have left that they say should not be used with LC brass I still have more than enough to last years and years.
    Why should they not be used with Lake City?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I learned my lesson after Sandy Hook.
    I was 20 years old when the original "assault weapon" ban was enacted in 1994.

That was a huge wake-up call, and I later (for the next decade, 'til it sunsetted in '04) deeply regretted not having stocked up beforehand...

(Anybody else remember "feeling lucky" to find used Glock mags for $60?!)

I was well stocked in 2008 when Obama's election unleashed the gun-buying panic, but that shitshow confirmed my commitment to stockpile...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If reloading for the AR, the cci magnum primer is my go to...Fed BR primers for the turn bolts.

Only reason I can think of not using 7.5's in LC brass is they possibly have thin cups & not very desirable for AR use...the cups on the cci mag primers are tough.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast