Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modernized Pasta Information aka Beretta

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've been following this thread and trying to wrap my head around all the different models of 92 both OEM, OEM Collaborations and Named Customs (WC/LTT). 92, 92X, 92G, Vertec, Brigadier, WC, LTT I just can't wrap my head around all the options and which models have what I want, so need your help. Is there a wizard or chart to identify options that point to a specific model?

It's my first Beretta. I want full size Decocker only with a great trigger, seemingly simple but 3 different slides and two different grips are making this non simple. Don't need the rail, and I may want threaded barrel, but assuming I can add later. Based on recommendations if I grab a used one, going to send off to birdsong for Black T.
    Last edited by ndmiller; 11-06-20 at 11:07.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    There is no chart I actually think it's pretty simple to figure out the Beretta.

Let's throw out all the other models, the .380, .32, .22, polymer frame, striker fired. We are only discussing the 92 series.

Full size slide/barrel/frame - NO RAIL - traditional round grip frame:

92FS - safety and decock lever, front sight not removable, 4.9" barrel.

M9 - military issued version of the above, very slight cosmetic differences

92G - decock lever only, front sight not removable.

92D - double action only, no safety, no decock

Add the term "Brigadier" to the above and you have a slide with beefed up area and dovetail front sight (removable). They can be had in FS or G mode.

92 Elite - Has Brigadier slide and G model decock, skeleton hammer, 4.7" stainless barrel, black slide.

92 Elite II - Updated version of the Elite with heavier hammer to insure more positive ignition of primers. Stainless SLIDE.

92 models with accessory rail, every guns below have rails:

92G-SD - G decocker, heavy checkering on the grip, Brigadier slide.
    92A1 - FS mode, non Brigadier slide, i.e. doesn't have the reinforced slide - Basically a more economy version of the SD above. Round trigger guard. Two slots rail.

The 92A1 above had Wilson rear sight, Wilson G10 grips, Wilson extended mag release, skeletonized hammer. 13lb hammer spring. Parts installed by the owner. Smooth as butter.

M9A1 - very similar to the 92A1, except with squared trigger guard and one slot rail.

Vertec variants:

Substantially different grip frame. Straight versus arched rear part of the grip as all of the models listed above.
    Slide has dovetail front sight (removable)
    With rail
    Come in FS and G configurations
    4.7" barrel

M9A3 - basically a Vertec grip shape, come in FS and G, extended threaded barrel. Includes a convertible grip adapter that mimic the shape of the standard 92. The safety/decock lever is different from the previous models above.

92X - latest factory configuration. Vertec grip, Vertec slide (removable front sight), convertible shape grip adapter, come in FS or G.

Centurion (original) - same as the first FS listed above except 3/4" shorter barrel. Also available in G or D mode.

92X Centurion - 92X with shorter barrel, see above. Available in G also.

The gun above is a G and has the skeletonized hammer installed. They just look right.

Compact - Same slide length as the Centurion, Grip frame is 1/2" shorter than the full size 92. Available with or without rail.

92X Compact - short straight grip, short slide/barrel/rail.

LTT Elite and Wilson Combat models - semi custom variation of any of the above

ndmiller, what you described is a plain 92G. Yes you can add a threaded barrel later but the fixed (read: non removable) front sight won't be tall enough to use with a suppressor. So unless you're James Bond and can point shoot, you're out of luck. Beretta's factory finish are pretty tough, no need to Black T it.

Looks like this, the one in the picture has an aftermarket Wilson rear sight.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ok so if I want to suppress and change sights, it would be the 92 Elite or II but will still need threaded barrel.

Or the M9A3 has the 4.9 thread barrel with vertec grip but has adapter to regular 92 grip.

Thank you @Sam very helpful, hadn't realized about the fixed front sight on the 92G. Off to call LGS and peruse gun broker.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Any of the X series in the G mode will set you back around $700. Add a threaded barrel for $170 and suppressor height sights and you're good to go. An M9A3 will be around $900 or more new.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Excellent reference, Sam. I'm going to sticky this thread for that reason.

LSHD - I may be able to help.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Excellent reference, Sam. I'm going to sticky this thread for that reason.

LSHD - I may be able to help.
    OMG

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Talked to SeriousStudent tonight, he set me straight.

I bought the following:
    Beretta 92G Centurion
    Beretta Compact Threaded Barrel (INOX) [It's all LTT had in stock....]
    LTT Trigger Job In a Bag (Black, Elite II Hammer, Wilson Trigger Bar, 13# Spring)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    That is a good purchase. Don't forget a good holster.
    '

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Talked to SeriousStudent tonight, he set me straight.

I bought the following:
    Beretta 92G Centurion
    Beretta Compact Threaded Barrel (INOX) [It's all LTT had in stock....]
    LTT Trigger Job In a Bag (Black, Elite II Hammer, Wilson Trigger Bar, 13# Spring)
    That's a great way to go, should be hell of a gun. I plan to do the same thing (less the threaded barrel at this point) with an LTT RDO Elite Optic Cut.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    That's a great way to go, should be hell of a gun. I plan to do the same thing (less the threaded barrel at this point) with an LTT RDO Elite Optic Cut.
    I'd like to do the same. I figure this gives me a bit to test drive it before plopping down the $400 for the rdo cut.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast