Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on a 510c

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thoughts on a 510c

So I just recently purchase an 11.5 pistol and want to equip it with a good red dot. I've currently got a couple T1s, a T2, and an PRO on my rifles.

I've been looking at something a little different. I had been thinking an MRO or EOTech but saw a Holosun 510c that looked kind of interesting. At first I didn't pay much attention to it but a few features caught my eye.

There seems to be two schools of thought about Holosun, but does anyone have any real world experience with the 510c specifically?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    So I just recently purchase an 11.5 pistol and want to equip it with a good red dot. I've currently got a couple T1s, a T2, and an PRO on my rifles.

I've been looking at something a little different. I had been thinking an MRO or EOTech but saw a Holosun 510c that looked kind of interesting. At first I didn't pay much attention to it but a few features caught my eye.

There seems to be two schools of thought about Holosun, but does anyone have any real world experience with the 510c specifically?

Thanks!
    I know it is stupid but I will do my best to not buy Chinese made stuff so for me Holoson is out for me. I really like Aimpoint and Eotech as well as trijicon, two which are American company’s. To each his own but I wanna put my money somewhere other than a virus manufacturing bunch of cuntbags. But hey what do I know.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I know it is stupid but I will do my best to not buy Chinese made stuff so for me Holoson is out for me.
    That is admirable, not stupid.

Feedback Score
    I use mine for 3-gun. I have one on a PCC and another one on my open shotgun. I just bought them a few months back so I can't comment on the longevity, but I like what I see so far. The window is huge and protected with a shroud, that I think can be removed. The integrated QD mount is a nice feature IMO, one less thing to buy. What I enjoy most so far is that the reticle is very bright in full sunlight. For the price I paid I'm more than happy with them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    That is admirable, not stupid.
    I think so as well but i see a lot of hate on here when people say that. But i dont get it. i know you cant avoid some things being Chinese , but if there is an alternative and i can afford it, i will pay more for American.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For the reasons that are well known by now--I'd add to the recommendations to avoid buying any Chinese-sourced goods (when you have a choice--you don't always, as in the case of antibiotics). Buy something made in America, by a friendly ally, or at least in a country that's not trying to destroy us.

With that in mind, if you're wanting to try something "a little different" than your Aimpoints, of the choices you have, I'd suggest you also might want to get a look at the Leupold Deltapoint Pro. But even adding that to your list of stuff to check, I'd personally go with Eotech. There's a reason that's the most popular alternative to Aimpoint, not only that it's logged a lot of combat hours and is a tough proven sight, but also because a lot of shooters find that sight picture appealing and easier to acquire. I've been considering an Eotech lately myself, even though I'm a long-timer with Aimpoint. The older I get, those 2 MOA dots are just fuzzy, not crisp, not round, and while I can still acquire targets quickly and my T1/T2 are both bomb-proof reliable, I'm looking for a little better visual clarity than what I'm getting today.

Feedback Score
    How is it that this 510 C model can give you the reticle of an EO Tech with the battery life of an Aimpoint T1?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Have a couple of them and they work pretty good. Even works well paired with an eotech magnifier. Battery life and clearer lense were my buying points.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's a good optic holosun is making great stuff. However, it's Chinese, so personally if I can get something equal or better for more I will. I'd only buy it if it was the best and all other options where less.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    How is it that this 510 C model can give you the reticle of an EO Tech with the battery life of an Aimpoint T1?
    The inclusion of the solar panel greatly extends the battery life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast