Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sling Mounts and slings in general on an Ar15 after seeing the Kyle shooting

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    Canoe arm won’t be charged because simping to BLM means you can get away with anything.
    I find it incredible that these idiots were not locked up for attacking the kid. You can see a felonious incendiary device attack on the video: molotov. What part of protest involves violence and looting? Democrap leaders need to be removed from office for this ASAP. Full Article VI violations across the board in many cities. The courts need to uphold law and order, or the judges need to be removed. Period. Enough chatter: demanding action. I'm okay with curfews on protests, there's no reasonable logic behind protesting at night in an uncontrolled environment. I support ending racial and social injustice, but moreover I support law and order. We share this nation, we do not get to demand anything we do not earn.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    I find it incredible that these idiots were not locked up for attacking the kid. You can see a felonious incendiary device attack on the video: molotov. What part of protest involves violence and looting? Democrap leaders need to be removed from office for this ASAP.
    That video was purposely edited and distributed. There was no molotov, it was something in a plastic bag. We're being manipulated into violence by powers that want to destroy us. And it's working.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Interesting, but does not negate the fact that they attacked him. The ones who attacked are dead or maimed so lesson learned.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    Interesting, but does not negate the fact that they attacked him. The ones who attacked are dead or maimed so lesson learned.
    Did they "attack" him or attempt to apprehend a possible murder suspect based on unverified info being disseminated from a crowd? I don't know enough about the initial shooting to draw any conclusion. The real lesson in all of this is not to go stupid places to do stupid things with stupid people even if one of those people is your mother.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I dunno.

Breaking into a traphouse or constantly in and out of cars, I like a single point.

If I may be walking a lot or I want to do a Hasty Sling, a 2 point.

That’s just me. I mean you all are kinda parsing the kit of a teenager who probably just threw on what was handed to him by his dad or uncle or something.

I tried the magpul sling and at the time it was okay but ultimately I quit messing with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Not gonna lie - if you are alone and surrounded by a mob intent on killing you, your sling selection is the least of your worries.

Andy
    /thread.
    Good grief...

For participation's sake;
    I run the same 2pt padded VCAS I've been running since 2011, attached endplate to rear of rail via QD button. I'm not a super high-speed shooter, but it has yet to impede me in most positions (so far), with or without gear (PC/CR) thanks to the magical quick adjust tab.
    I did have a bit of struggle transitioning shoulders at a CQB class, even running the QA tab out, so I dropped an arm out and just ran it hanging around my neck. Probably something wrong with that technique somehow (and I was VERY thankful for the pad, which worked great in this role), but it worked. Then when I was done needing to transition, another 2 seconds to drop my arm back in to go back to 2pt mode.

I think it's telling that, aside from the Magpul MS slings, pretty much EVERY other 'serious use' sling on the current market is a fixed 2pt.
    I can see the single-point usefulness, as some others have mentioned, for a super-short "sub-gun under a jacket" thing.
    I am NOT playing the single-point game with a 16" 8.5lb rifle, and it seems to me most serious shooters feel the same.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345