Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home Defense Plans

Feedback Score
    Might want to include fire extinguishers in the plan.

Mine have been hidden away forever. They need to be checked. ....and placed in more convenient spots if the zombies are expected.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post

Mine have been hidden away forever. They need to be checked. ....and placed in more convenient spots if the zombies are expected.
    Should always have 2-4 fire extinguishers.

Keep in mind you and your extinguishers cant keep up with multiple invaders with lighters and gasoline. And they will try to stop you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Should always have 2-4 fire extinguishers.

Keep in mind you and your extinguishers cant keep up with multiple invaders with lighters and gasoline. And they will try to stop you.

Just in case some unforeseen disaster should occur.

Like BLM, and ANTIFA dropping by for a visit after they lose the election.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 09-19-20 at 07:50.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Range cards, among other things.

Feedback Score
    I'm having a Security film professionally installed on all my ground floor windows this week.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    We had ~$25K worth of Guns, Cash, & Silver Coins stolen out of our Gun Safe in our residence from us about 20 years ago by a family member while I was overseas working oilpatch.

Lessons Learned:
    Don't leave Combo to the Gun Safe in a notebook.
    The Silver was pawned and on video. The guns were not Pawned at least to where the Police could find any video at Pawn Shops.
    It was a very close blood relative who did the stealing - I could have had him put in jail, in fact the police wanted too. I declined...maybe a mistake.
    We turned in Police Report and 2 X of the handguns were recovered and returned to us over the next few years.

This experience really was sobering - the person who did the stealing was trusted. Betrayal by a trusted blood relative is a tough one....

After this, since I was gone oversea's half the year working for megaoil corp, and we were preparing to go full time Permanent Resident Married Accompanied Basis where ms gamboolgal would be with me oversea's for 10 months per year, we decided to harden our home.

We had Zombie Bars installed on all windows - I mean all windows. We had Heavy Duty Storm Doors installed with Dead Bolts on Reinforced Frame. We had Dead Bolts installed in Main Door on all doors of home.

Combo's to the Gun Safe are not in a Notebook now. Only ms gamboolgal and I know thee combo's.

Our son lived in our home while we were overseas for the last 17 + years.

We have just repatriated from Africa, and we are adding the Doorbell camera's and some Camera's outside that have lights and motion detectors.

If the Zombies try to break into our home, it will take some tools and it will take some time and will be noisy as hell.

ms gamboolgal and I will have plenty of time to prepare to hold a old fashioned Revival & Prayer Meeting with the Pilgrims

We would call the Law but we do not count on them.

gamboolman....
    Last edited by gamboolman; 09-20-20 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I keep my cars in the garage. I have LEDs all around my house and 365° camera coverage.

This isn’t gonna stop a horde of BLM folks. I’ve had people come to my door asking for donations for BLM. I told them I lost my job during Covid but support the cause - asked them if they wanted a bottle of water, etc. Don’t want to actively support but don’t want to be on their mob protection-money shit list either. I try to be smart about it and do nothing that draws unwanted attention. No yard signs. No bumper stickers. No setting off fireworks when RBG died.

I delineated a clear line that given the current situation, I’m not coming outside. You can do donuts in my yard, spraypaint my garage door, etc. I will just record. I doubt I’ll even call the police at that point as they seem to be on the side of the rioters and not the side of innocent people minding their own business.

If I am inside my house and you try to set fire to it or actively try to enter then I’ve got a lot of tools and training at my disposal which guarantee you won’t succeed in either.

As far as safes go - say it with me guys:

TL30x6
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-20-20 at 17:26.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    No setting off fireworks when RBG died.
    "♫ But since I left me canon at home I simply have to say ..."
    Last edited by Disciple; 09-20-20 at 18:43.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    My current residence is an interior subdivision in a larger guard gated development, in an affluent, homogeneous suburb 40 minutes west of Ft. Lauderdale. When the Floyd riots, I mean, protests, began some time ago, a local group of blm type idiots, wanted to block the roads leading to the guard gates, local LE stopped that from happening in a most efficient manner, actually more LEOs than protestors, so that never came to fruition.
    Homogenous? Are you in that weird but nice all salmon pink colored "city" my family had to drive in circles around suburban developments to find a place to have lunch on the way to ride airboats and see gators?

We have a city out here called Irvine that I thought was homogenous but the city we saw was that x10.

I live in a beach town that has seen some decently attended trendy woke rallies but very unlikely to see anything worse. Plus I live a ways from downtown on a tiny dead end street with a 180 degree 3rd story open view. Also I recently got a drone which does wonders for increased situational awareness. There was a lot of honking on the main highway over the weekend and got some cool aerial shots of a many dozen car Trump rally!

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    What about the little ones? What are you saying or how are you explaining the TTPs? If you hear X, do Y? How do you do that without scaring them?
    Depends on their current level of responsibility, age, etc.

You could start with a "game" where they learn to stay quiet for a period of time. You could designate them an area to "hide" in and make that a game.

Basically with young kids in these sorts of situations they have to learn to obey the first time, no "counting" non sense, no warnings, this is a safety issue and obey the first time.

To some that is way out of the box, to others it's nothing, depends on the kids, depends on the parenting style.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast