Thread: Changing beneficiary to trustee... Need fingerprints and all that? How?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

Changing beneficiary to trustee... Need fingerprints and all that? How?

I just created a trust though Silencer Shop. I'm the trustee, my wife is the beneficiary. If I transfer two suppressors to the trust, then later want to change my wife to a trustee so that she can possess the suppressors without me, how do I do that? Is there anything else required besides an amendment? Photo and fingerprints?
    It's all very confusing to me, and I want to do it right.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Should just be an amendment. The trust documents should have the instructions in them or call SShop.

Feedback Score
    Are the suppressors on "individual" Form 1's? If so, don't you have to pay $200 each for the transfers?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You should get an email from Silencer Shop with the trust and attached instructions and amendments.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I know you didn't used to have to ( just change the trust) but they changed some of the laws so check it out. I took my sons off because I didn't want to have to get their fingerprints every time I wanted to buy a new NFA item. So, I didn't require prints. Good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I know you didn't used to have to ( just change the trust) but they changed some of the laws so check it out.
    No laws changed, just the regulations that are supposed to be based on the laws.