Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 5 question

Feedback Score

Glock 17 Gen 5 question

When the Gen 5's first appeared on the market, they lacked the current front slide serrations. True? I've been told otherwise and I'm not really sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In the very beginning I believe so yes

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    They didn't have the front slide serrations, and they had the cutout in the grip.
    DK

Feedback Score
    To add to Post_3, my early G17gen5 also doesn't have the breech face cut, which apparently helps with ejection (although some folks have complained of difficulty extracting & ejecting a live round, when necessary to do so).

There have been other minor changes from these very first G17gen5 pistols, too. A different ejector (from a 30274 to a 47021) and a change to the slide-stop (I think the s/stop got a different spring) come to mind. I've updated the parts in my early G17gen5, but really didn't notice any differences in function.

I'd like to get/try a Gen5 with the latest breech face cut someday. It'll likely happen when I'm bored; have ~$500 dollars with nothing else to spend it on; maybe try a MOS model; and be in the neighborhood of my closest "Blue Label" dealer. I think I'd actually use and take advantage of the front serrations when press checking (I've got a couple of 1911s already with front serrations).

OK. I've talked too much already. I'll go away now.

Feedback Score
    Didn't realize that the Gen 5 has gone through something of a "mini-evolution".

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Didn't realize that the Gen 5 has gone through something of a "mini-evolution".
    Well I mean you can’t put out exactly what the market wants from the get go otherwise folks won’t buy subsequent iterations lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yep. They were direct G17M clones. No Front serration

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have one. They didn't have serrations, the frame wasn't beveled to match the slide and it has the cutout on the front strap. Snowflakes were up in arms.... None of that sh it matters to me. Mine also has the agent sights. I've put many thousands of rounds through mine and it has never let me down. That's what matters.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    My non-MOS G17.5 came without the front serrations and the grip cutout, I ordered it with the Agent sights. It has been run through a Presscheck class with no failures or malfunctions.
    It now wears a Dawson ICE magwell and is fed with Glock +2 mags. My duty gun is a G17.5 MOS with X300U, RMR and another Dawson ICE magwell. All of my Glocks get Vickers mag releases and slide stops. They both run fine but the earlier made G17.5 (non-MOS) isn't as aesthetically pleasing.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast