Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 5 question

Feedback Score
    What was the theory behind the breech face cut? Something related to ejection?

Feedback Score
    I bought mine in July-2019. No serrations, does have front cutout, no slide cut. Is that considered early?

It's a blue label gun purchased from a high volume dealer. A dealer that probably has the stroke to buy direct from Glock, though I don't know that for sure. I do know they can write a check at any time for a few hundred $K for inventory to stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I have one. They didn't have serrations, the frame wasn't beveled to match the slide and it has the cutout on the front strap. Snowflakes were up in arms.... None of that sh it matters to me. Mine also has the agent sights. I've put many thousands of rounds through mine and it has never let me down. That's what matters.
    Then why buy a gen5 when a gen1 or 2 will do the same thing

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have one of the early gen 5 guns with the cutout in the grip and without front serrations. I had it milled for an optic and have put a couple thousand rounds through it without a hiccup. I knew those two features had changed but had no idea about the others.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The breechface cut is the big change. Believe that was standard across the G5’s once the G45 was released. Picked up my G5 17 & 19 right when they came out (no front serrations, no breechface cut, grip cut) and picked up a 19X later. The 19X came with a different ejector than my early G5 17 & 19. Picked up a G45 and it came with the G19X ejector and the breechface cut and other updates. It *launches* brass compared to my other G5’s...it’s like my AKs. Zero percent chance of brass to the face. I’m not going to sell my other G5’s, but if I were in the market for a new G5 9mm I’d make sure it has the front serrations and breechface cut. Well worth it.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    How badly is the resale value of the early Gen 5's diminished compared to the newer versions? I've got one I was thinking about selling to fund something else.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    How badly is the resale value of the early Gen 5's diminished compared to the newer versions?
    It's not, unless the buyer is looking for a specific feature.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    IIRC, all Gen 5's have the "Marksman" barrel, so I would think accuracy would be similar across all iterations. Unless this was somehow improved by the breechface cuts?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    It's not, unless the buyer is looking for a specific feature.
    Good to hear. Thanks.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    How badly is the resale value of the early Gen 5's diminished compared to the newer versions? I've got one I was thinking about selling to fund something else.
    I doubt most buyers even know the difference from the original Gen 5 to current production gun. Heck, many won’t know the difference between Gen 4 and Gen 5 at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast