Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 anyone?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    From what I’ve found searching the net, they are the same price and BL G44s are one of the models that comes with the standard 2 mags. A lot of people were speculating why Glock even has the 44s as a BL option.
    You are correct. I bought one, identical price as the LGS. Maybe the thought is simply to sale as many as possible. I know many cops who only buy Blue Label Glocks as personal firearms. I'm in a Glock heavy environment to the point that I'm not even aware of any agency that issues anything else around here.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    From what I’ve found searching the net, they are the same price and BL G44s are one of the models that comes with the standard 2 mags. A lot of people were speculating why Glock even has the 44s as a BL option.
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    You are correct. I bought one, identical price as the LGS. Maybe the thought is simply to sale as many as possible. I know many cops who only buy Blue Label Glocks as personal firearms. I'm in a Glock heavy environment to the point that I'm not even aware of any agency that issues anything else around here.
    I bought a BL G44 from GT Distributors shortly after they came out. I asked about any differences as there were none that were obvious (more mags, etc.). I was told the only reason some are designated as as Blue Label was to reserve some for only BL authorized buyers. Also, buying a BL G44 does not go against a buyer’s “2 BL guns per year” allowance.

I like mine. I generally feed it cheap Federal or CCI ammo, 38-40 grain. I probably have shot around 1,000 rounds through it so far. Never had any issues until my last range visit when it started having some feed issues and was stove piping with cheap Federal lead bulk ammo (40 grain). Honestly, I hadn’t cleaned it for at least 4 range visits, so I gave it a good field strip and clean and expect it will run better next time. It was pretty gritty and dirty throughout.

No different than most .22 pistols...they all can be touchy if not fed proper ammo or kept clean...my Rugers are no different.

Feedback Score
    Also, I’ve seen mixed reviews about this G44 magazine:

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/promag-g...fault_products

For under $20, I may try a couple when they are back in stock.

Feedback Score
    Shot my new 44 at the range this AM. It was 100% with Norma 40gr. round nose lead at 1100fps and what few CCI I had. Really liking it and plan to adjust the rear sight and blacken out the white outline which I find distracting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Also, I’ve seen mixed reviews about this G44 magazine:

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/promag-g...fault_products

For under $20, I may try a couple when they are back in stock.
    Terrible reviews here.

https://themagshack.com/shop/pistol-...ound-magazine/
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Anybody put a dot on one yet?
    Last edited by 1168; 09-23-20 at 13:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I purchased one yesterday and plan on shooting it tomorrow. Some of my shooting friends have been shooting these in GSSF Indoor Matches in Stock Division. Must feel like cheating. LOL I may use these sights on mine https://sevignyperformance.com/2020/...-new-glock-44/ Some of my friends have put Dawsons on as front sight and blacked out the white outline on the rear adjustable sight.
    I got my slide back from Sevigny and it looks wonderful. Very accurate, dead on 10-15 yards.

I think using 40 grain is a must. I had some stove pipes my 2nd outing that I attribute to under powered match ammo. I will take it back out this weekend and shoot it again. I must say the extractor has a very tiny claw. I know some of the first G44 models had issues. Not sure if mine is one of them.

Will post a pic of the slide with the Sevigny sights later

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I will buy when Glock offers it with a threaded bbl. Aftermarket is taking care of the pathetic mag capacity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Anybody put a dot on one yet?
    Yes but it has to be very light to work it seems. The setup I'm thinking about is a buris fastfire 3 which is .9oz, put that on a dpp titanium dove tail mount. The mount is actually made from low grade aluminum so its probably the lightest on the market. I'm thinking I'd chop it up to make it lighter as well.

That isn't my ideal dot nore is it my ideal way to mount it. But it's a trainer and fun gun. I love shooting 22.
    Last edited by Twilk73; 10-11-20 at 10:23.

Feedback Score

Glock 44 anyone?

Shot another 300ish rounds through my G44 yesterday and zero issues. Shot some combination of 38 grain cheap Federal bulk and cheap Aguilar 40 grain. I just take the ammo from original boxes and dump it into used 16 oz vitamin bottles, so it’s kinda mix and match.

Also, the gun was filthy, as it hadn’t been properly cleaned in at least 5-6 range visits. Two range visits ago, it started to have issues (stovepipes and FTE’s), but after a good squirt of CLP (Rand is what’s currently in my range bag), it stopped acting up and ran like a top. Been putting more CLP on prior to every session since.

Cleaned it yesterday. It was pretty cruddy. Got all the funk out, liberally oiled with CLP (Lucas Extreme), and I expect it will run fine going forward.

Best guess is I have over 4K rounds through it now based on the hole I’ve got in my once full .22 ammo box. It’s my “teach folks about guns” tool (and it’s had plenty of those folks shoot it lately), as well as my “warmup session” gun. It goes with me on every range visit for the last dozen trips and will likely remain the one gun I never leave home.

I’ll probably buy another and more mags sometime soon.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 10-14-20 at 07:13. Reason: Typos

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast