Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 anyone?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Shot another 300ish rounds through my G44 yesterday and zero issues. Shot some combination or 38 grain cheap Federal bulk and cheap Aguilar 40 grain. I just take the ammo and dump it into used 16 oz vitamin bottles, so it’s kinda mix and match.

Also, the gun was filthy, as it hadn’t been properly cleaned in at least 5-6 range visits. Two range visits ago, it started to have issues (stovepipes and FTE’s), but after a good squirt of CLP (Rand is what’s currently in my range bag), it stopped acting up and ran like a top. Been putting more CLP on prior to every season since.

Cleaned it yesterday. It was pretty cruddy. Got all the funk out, liberally oiled with CLP (Lucas Extreme), and I expect we’re going to be happy.

Best guess it I have over 4K rounds through it now based on the hole I’ve got in my once full .22 ammo box. It’s my “teach folks about guns” tool (and he had plenty of those folks lately) as well as my “warmup session” gun. It goes with me every range visit for the last dozen trips. I’ll buy another and more mags sometime soon.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont have as many rounds on mine but pretty much the same use and experience. It will go quite awhile without cleaning but rimfire ammo is pretty grungy--even the best of it.

I intend to buy another one and set it up with a dot. These are perfect training pistols.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkracka View Post
    I will buy when Glock offers it with a threaded bbl. Aftermarket is taking care of the pathetic mag capacity.
    Both are common complaints but I really would just use it for a training gun in place of my G19 which is not supressed. My other 22 auto pistols (Ruger MKII) also have 10 round magazines, wouldn't be a problem for me.

Not disagreeing with you, more of a comment that the 22 market is tough.

Andy

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkracka View Post
    I will buy when Glock offers it with a threaded bbl. Aftermarket is taking care of the pathetic mag capacity.
    Not Glock, but there are a few options.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/glock-g44-22lr-rh-threaded-barrel-kit-50480.html

https://store.teamglock.com/gun-parts/g44-rh-threaded-barrel-kit.html
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 10-12-20 at 18:14.

Feedback Score
    I'm up to about 500 rounds of Mini-mags CP 40gr and another 500 Blazer 40gr. Seems to like everything 40gr as I've had a total of 1 light primer strike in total. It hates SK Pistol Match though, FTE every shot.

Installed Dawson sights on it and the weight difference doesn't affect function. As far as mag capacity goes, I'm in Canada and we're limited to 10 anyway so it's not a huge deal to me.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Just got myself a G44 a couple weeks ago, also bought the threaded barrel kit and 10 extra mags. Shot it a little bit then replaced the front sight with an Ameriglo Orange night sight, .165 high / .125 wide (OEM is .14 wide). The thinner front sight is nice - the OEM was a bit too thick for my liking.

Shoots very well with CCI Standards, MiniMags, Stingers, Federal Automatch. Tried also some Aguilla and old ass Remmy subs. The Aguilla subs works pretty well suppressed (Sparrow) after the first 2 rounds, likely due to the extra tension stripping rounds 1-2 out of the magazine. Remmy Subs (about 12 years old, suck ballz and are very inconsistent in speed, reminding me why I never shoot the 500 or so I have left) were similar to the Aguilla, failure to eject / feed for rounds 2-3, then did ok after that. Not uncommon for a new semi auto not to run great on subs. It was cleaned and lubed well.

Used both the threaded barrel and the original barrel, wasn't shooting for accuracy but it was doing fine at 15 yards and only needed a tweak with the rear sight to work well with the Ameriglo front.

All in all very happy with the G44 and with ammo prices the way they are, I'm sure I'll use it a good bit (stacked with 22LR).

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    First range trip with new G 44. Ran 100 rounds of CCI 40gr mini mags with no malfunctions. I blacked out the white outline on the rear sight and put a dab of red paint on the the front white dot to match the Ameriglo I dot sights on my G19. It shot about 1.5" left of POA. Elevation was dead on, adjusted the rear to the right one turn and it was dead on POA. I was reliably hitting 10" steel at 25 yards. My G 19 also needs the sight drifted slightly to the right to hit POA. Digging it so far, just need more mags.
    Last edited by P2Vaircrewman; 06-12-21 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Going to pick mine up today, found one used for $300, couldn't say no. Plan to put a dot and x300 on it at some point, to mimic my G45.

Feedback Score
    What red dot and dovetail mount have you been using?
    What ammo works witht this extra weight?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Interesting conversation here: https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/gl...sible.1811178/ Regarding mounting an optic on the G44.

TL;DR: seems a bit iffy as to whether or not the pistol will remain reliable with the added weight of the optic, and the integrity of the slide is questionable once cut. Another company is making G44 slides out of aluminum that will accept an optic, but only run with high velocity ammo.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    Interesting conversation here: https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/gl...sible.1811178/ Regarding mounting an optic on the G44.

TL;DR: seems a bit iffy as to whether or not the pistol will remain reliable with the added weight of the optic, and the integrity of the slide is questionable once cut. Another company is making G44 slides out of aluminum that will accept an optic, but only run with high velocity ammo.
    I wonder if a suppressor will help? Does it work like that for such a tiny cartridge?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast