Thread: Would you do anything with the lower?

Feedback Score

Would you do anything with the lower?

I’ve seen the picture of M4 Extension M4 Receiver, Rifle Receiver Rifle Extension, ect. I was going through my pictures and came across this and was curious if anything can be done or if it’s ok as is? The top picture is a factory rifle and the bottom picture is my “Build” the right feed ramp is what I’m a little concerned about? Thanks for any help.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Your post and title are confusing. "Lower" normally refers to lower receiver here, and the barrel and feed ramps are both in the upper receiver. The top picture shows a wonky right feed ramp but you say the bottom pic is yours and you are concerned about your right feedramp.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Your right it is confusing, I’m sorry. The lower right feed ramp. It looks a little chewed up? That one is a complete factory rifle and just showing a comparison, not that it’s needed here, on another rifle I have.

Feedback Score

Would you do anything with the lower?

There is nothing really wrong here, the first pic is an M16 feed ramp extension and M16 feed ramp upper receiver (no cut). The second pic is an M4 feed ramp extension with M4 feed ramp cuts in receiver (properly matched). The first (M16) pic has small imperfection in the right hand side ramp lip but you should never seen any contact with that. I see nothing at all wrong with your rifle on second pic... maybe slight loss of plating? Nothing looks chewed up.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!
    Last edited by lordmorgul; 09-07-20 at 12:18.

Feedback Score
    They both look ok to me. You can always smooth out any rough spots using a light touch with a Dremel if it bothers you.

Feedback Score
    Ok I won’t bother with it. I appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What does the bolt look like that is causing the wear you have on the extension lugs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    What does the bolt look like that is causing the wear you have on the extension lugs?
    Ha, you know I didn’t even think to look at the bolt, but I will. Thanks for the suggestion.