Thread: Shield Arms or AIM Surplus 5 rd. G17 mag extensions?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Shield Arms or AIM Surplus 5 rd. G17 mag extensions?

Does anyone have any experience with either of these aluminum magazine extensions? If so, how would you rate them?

The two seem to use the same system, with the only difference being that the grip cut outs just above the bottom of the base plate are a single large one (Shield Arms) or two narrower ones (AIM Surplus). Otherwise, they appear to be identical (or almost so).

Are they are a good choice to "enhance" my SHTF FML G17 mags?
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They are made as the same machine shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bryan
    Aim

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flanntastic View Post
    They are made as the same machine shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bryan: Thanks for that info. Not surprising given the similarities. I like the look of the AIM ones better; that design looks like it would provide a slightly better grip when handling the magazine, especially when wet or wearing gloves (or, wet gloves, for that matter).

I have seen some good reviews of the Shield Arms versions, but not a lot. Diligence suggests that I ask the M4C guys if they have had any reliability, performance, or maintenance problems with this design.

Anyone?
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You do know Glock has factory 24 rounders, as well as ETS has 28 rounders and others.
    Ive got & used ETS mags for several years now- they are gtg, fyi.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    You do know Glock has factory 24 rounders, as well as ETS has 28 rounders and others.
    Ive got & used ETS mags for several years now- they are gtg, fyi.
    Thanks, but these mags have to inhabit a non-free state and must be pre-federal ban (i.e., pre Sept. 13, 1994).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    Thanks, but these mags have to inhabit a non-free state and must be pre-federal ban (i.e., pre Sept. 13, 1994).
    I understand.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.