Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was the lock downs a huge mistake?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Was the lock downs a huge mistake?

https://nypost.com/2020/09/06/its-no...-huge-mistake/

Are they saying Trump was right lifting the lock down? Some governors were criticized for coming out of the lock down early even by Trump himself. Are they now admitting that the lock down hurt the economy terribly?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Depends on whether you believe in the "right to life" or the "right to choose".
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Was the lock downs a huge mistake?

The national response to Covid at all levels following the initial, ok let’s see what this is all about, was/is an absolute meme.

Also lol at the articles government effectiveness comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 09-08-20 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    Yes, it was a terrible mistake to shut down the entire country because New York and New Jersey were having a heavy outbreak. Lockdowns are unsustainable so they require intelligently timed and targeted deployment. Instead, we just blew up the entire country all at once because of New York and New Jersey.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Yes, it was a terrible mistake to shut down the entire country because New York and New Jersey were having a heavy outbreak. Lockdowns are unsustainable so they require intelligently timed and targeted deployment. Instead, we just blew up the entire country all at once because of New York and New Jersey.
    NYCs had like 35k deaths in a region of 8.5 MILLION......

Cuomo deserves the rope for all of his fear mongering sensationalizing hyper-partisan BS. Never mind the fact that his actions directly resulted in the deaths of 1000s of elderly persons.

But Trump’s the tyrant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Wrecking the economy and thousands of businesses and bankrupting who knows how many citizens for political purpose is not a mistake. It is intentional fraud and the very definition of un-American.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    According to Webster- Hysteria: behavior exhibiting overwhelming or unmanageable fear or emotional excess, political hysteria, a psychoneurosis marked by emotional excitability and disturbances of the psychogenic, sensory.

Its been a big scam!

You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    My problem with the lock downs and the overall COVID response (it's starting to seriously impact our business just when we're getting back on our feet) is the complete and utter knee jerk reaction way it was implemented. Especially in light of this 6% number that came out of the CDC not long ago.

I get it, it's a serious disease when combined with other illnesses in the body. But when only roughly 11,000 people died from COVID alone, which the MSM won't report on, yes, the lockdowns were completely ineffective, ill advised, entirely unnecessary and a huge mistake. If our media didn't act so ****ing stupid and irresponsible over this situation, I doubt the situation would have been that bad. Yeah, a lot of people would have gotten it, been told to stay at home, dose up on chicken soup and rest up without a care in the world. But we had to allow politicians and the media to go full Simple Jack and act like the world was ending.

People, at least where I am, have the same thoughts on their minds as of late. This will all be over one way or another on November 4th. It has been and will continue to be a political game until that time. They know this and the next time it happens, they will be far more wary.

My problem with this whole thing, whether it be lockdowns, mask requirements, the rise of the authoritarian state with said lockdowns and mask requirements or combinations of, is this has desensitized people to the real threats in our world. People are really starting to question whether it was necessary or useful in shutting down our country. The problem is with the Chicken Little's like Fauchi and company, is they are paid to overreact and worse case scenario everything. That's their job. I understand that and appreciate that. But the real problem comes when we do get something far deadlier and more virulent (Ebola or some form of hemorrhagic fever) people are going to look back at this and wonder "are they overreacting yet again?"

They blew their load on this one with what they've done. And when (not if) we get something far worse, people won't know whether to trust the government when they run around like chickens with their heads cut off.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if any lives will have actually been saved by the lockdown, or if the end toll will be the same, just spread out over a longer time. Maybe we’d have been better off carrying on with normal life carefully and letting this run its course without wreaking havoc on the economy.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Per Grand58;
    ....” They blew their load on this one with what they've done. And when (not if) we get something far worse, people won't know whether to trust the government when they run around like chickens with their heads cut off.”

An egregious load of horseshit indeedy.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast