Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Was the lock downs a huge mistake?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Was the lock downs a huge mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I wouldn't say mistake. I would say it was poorly planned and executed. We should have had checkpoints on all roads connected to the New England states and mandatory quarantine for anyone who left them, we should have had phased shut-downs as states exceeded a certain percentage of Covid positive folks, should have had a plan to re-open before we shut down.

We should also have put the governors of New Jersey and New York on trial for the number (percentage) of their Covid patients who they killed.

Andy
    Yea.... f all that noise.

Would you have volunteered to man and enforce said quarantine? All for a virus with an statistically insignificant death rate in a nation of 350,000,000.

Muh hysteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 09-09-20 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Yea.... f all that noise.

Would you have volunteered to man and enforce said quarantine? All for a virus with an statistically insignificant death rate in a nation of 350,000,000.

Muh hysteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm saying if you are going to do it, do it right.

This illogical, neverending and useless "shutdown" is the result of being too cowardly to either say "go to work, wear a mask" or "we are shutting down travel out of states with more than xxx cases".

Hysteria? I know one person who has been diagnosed with Covid, he lives in South Dakota and recovered fairly quickly.

The MSM has the sheep absolutely terrified of contracting Covid and either dying a horrible death or barely surviving to live a horrible life.

I'm not losing any sleep over it...
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-09-20 at 21:50.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    The high death rate was in nursing homes, where Cuomo put them. Outside of that, what impact did the virus have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    And with numerous other beds outside of Nursing Homes available was this intentional?
    Think of the effect it had, who benefited and where the story was buried?

I don't know, but if it was that was pure evil, but if you put the basic evidence together, Old People with compromised immune systems + Covid 19 infected patients ='s WTF did you think was going to happen?
    Well the cynic in me knows of at least one impact:

https://www.natlawreview.com/article...-dreaded-cliff

New York’s estate tax regime is unlike the federal regime and other states. Under the federal estate tax regime and that of other states, if a decedent’s estate is large enough to be subject to estate tax, only the amount which exceeds the exemption amount is taxed. For example, if the federal exemption amount is $11,580,000, and the decedent’s taxable estate is valued at $12,000,000, then $420,000 would be subject to federal estate tax. In New York however, estates exceeding the New York estate tax exemption are subject to a cliff. Specifically, estates larger than 105% of the exemption amount will receive absolutely no exemption from New York estate taxes. In other words, when a New York estate exceeds the exempted amount by 5% or more, the entire value of the estate is subject to New York estate tax.

Take the following hypothetical: A New York decedent dies in June 2020, leaving a taxable estate of $5,825,000. No federal or New York estate tax is due. However, if the estate was valued at $6,150,000, which exceeds the New York exemption amount by $300,000 (more than 5% over the exemption amount of $5,850,000) the New York estate tax due is $529,200. In other states, the estate would pay estate tax on the excess amount only. In New York, the estate pays estate tax on the entire $6,150,000. The heirs of the decedent’s estate would be in a better financial position if the estate was valued at only $5,850,000 (heirs receive $5,850,000), rather than $6,150,000 (heirs receive $5,620,500).
    Tl;Dr: If the estate of a NY resident who died of Covid this year had an estate worth $6.15M or more, that's a net to NY's coffers of over a half million dollars. That's why so many NY'ers retire out of state. They literally don't want to be caught dead in NY.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    One has to wonder how often this situation repeated itself around the country.

https://fox17.com/news/local/covid-1...ing-revelation

The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the mayor’s office and the metro health department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and how to handle that.and most disturbingly how to keep it from the public.

Leslie Waller from the health department asks “This isn’t going to be publicly released, right? Just info for Mayor’s Office?

“Correct, not for public consumption.” Writes senior advisor Benjamin Eagles

A month later the health department is asked point blank about the rumor there are only 80 cases traced to bars and restaurants.

Tennessean reporter Nate Rau asks “the figure you gave of “more than 80” does lead to a natural question: If there have been over 20,000 positive cases of COVID-19 in Davidson and only 80 or so are traced to restaurants and bars, doesn’t that mean restaurants and bars aren’t a very big problem?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I feel like I got "Climate Changed" again, but missed out by not having a Covid-19 crazy eyed Dutch Girl.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456