Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sling for a practical bolt gun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Just get a regular old green cotton M1 sling. They're like 20 bucks, very adjustable, stay on your shoulder very well, dry fast, and make a good loop sling.
    In my experience once you have experienced a well thought out, well built, well designed shooting sling, you will just hang up the carry slings like the M1 sling and not look back. They aren't shooting slings and can't compare to one.

I have used the M1 sling, the 1907 style, Rhodesian, ching sling for scout rifles, and I now trying out the Galco Marksman sling.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/mark...ngs_8_147.html

not associated with the high speed tactic cool image, but it is well thought out, and so far appears well built. it is the only "all in one" carry/shooting sling that I have tried so far that actually does a well balanced job of both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OI_aNbs294

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    That looks great!
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Slings are something I like to go look at in person. Slings can hang an a shelf by the hundreds and they are an inventory item that moves.
    So all LGS's and Sporting good stores have a bunch of them on the shelf. Sling shopping in person actually works.

It's not like you are shopping for an odd ball item here.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Not overcomplicated, made by BTDT people who are big on customer service:
    https://savvysniper.com/slings#7461f...6-9e441810f3e3

And this, more BTDT:
    https://tacticalintervention.com/Qui...ing-p132574075

Both I think are very reasonably priced.

Feedback Score
    I have:
    Turner saddlery competition biothane sling
    Turner GP biothane sling (2)
    Montana Sling (2)
    Andy’s leather Rhodesian sling (2)
    Andy’s Ching sling on the way
    Tactical Innovations cuff sling
    Vickers tactical slings (4)
    Magpul slings various (4)
    Gi Canvas sling

For carrying, I prefer a padded Vickers or Montana slings. The wider Montana sling is better than the thin.

The TIS sling is great for shooting if you want to go through the trouble of really using a cuff.

The Rhodesian was a bit of a disappointment. It seems like it can be set as a good carry strap or a good shooting aid, but it is not easily adjusted, one to another.

The biothane GP sling is a nice minimalist all weather all purpose strap for carrying a light rifle and works well as a hasty sling.

All have held up well.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I’m in the market for a sling for my Bergara. Hunting style sling that allows for offhand shooting support. Magpul looks inexpensive and quality. I’m wondering what attachments are of good quality to hook to the sling swivels.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Someone gave me a latigo sling. Seemed great except the one I was given was old. It snapped on a rotted section.

I’m looking at maybe either a new one, Magpul or a turner.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've been working on switching my "practical" rifles over from a bunch of random shit to Magpul RLS's. They're simple, cheap, and effective.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    What attachments do you guys prefer? Grovtec?

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah, I use a lot of GrovTec. Mostly their heavy duty push-button QD and Mil-Force locking swivels. They've served me well so far...No complaints.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast