Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sling for a practical bolt gun

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    1.25” grovtec seem to be out of stock all over other than nickel plated

Found some and bought em and the sling.
    Last edited by newyork; 03-15-21 at 16:13.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I agree with Rmorris, definitely checkout the Turner saddlery GP biothane...It should work perfectly on your bolt action sniper rifle
    Last edited by alaskiguy; 05-01-21 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Looking for a sling for my 6.5 CM Tikka bolt gun. It's configured to be a lighter carrying rifle, 20" barrel, 2-12x Leupy scope, weighs 7.7 lbs scoped and loaded.

Looking for the sling to be a fairly light and simple 2-pointer to attach with swivels, preferably a man-made material rather than leather. It will be used for two things:
    1. Carry
    2. Accuracy aid

Challenge is I don't have much experience with item (2), in a hunting rifle (always used bipods, blinds, or offhand). So I don't know what I don't know...

From a little research on using slings this way with "practical", "field", or hunting rifles, I see a few slings that MIGHT be what I'm looking for.

1. Wilderness Rhodesian sling
    2. T.I.S. Slip Cuff Precision sling
    3. VTAC hybrid padded sling. Ok I'll admit this isn't traditionally a bolt gun sling, but I threw this in there because (1) It looks like it would work for the way I want to use it, (2) I already have one and know I like using these with my AR's, though I've never used them with the AR's for anything other than carry.

Would be interested to hear feedback on these slings, or any I've missed that are worth looking at. Also, if anybody knows of some good tutorials on practical sling use (for accuracy) with hunting rifles, please share linkage.
    I keep waiting for Randy Cain's Practical Rifle class to end up on in the southeast as I've heard it's fantastic and the use of slings is extensive. I've never bought a sling for anything but my 10/22 as I learned how to use one in multiple Appleseed Shoots, Subscribing for when class comes around.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    For my hunting rifles I have modified my Vickers padded slings by taking off the slider. They work great for me. I have them on 3 of my rifles

Feedback Score
    May I respectfully strongly suggest you give this sling your strong consideration:
    https://www.ultimategunsling.com/store/-p131321109

I have them on EVERY bolt (5) and lever (3) rifle, muzzleloader (3) and turkey shotgun (3) (14 in all) I own. Have been using them for 20+ years. Own a large box of other slings as i have tried MANY and not a single one comes even close to the functionality, usefulness and nuke bomb proofness of this sling.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Looking for a sling for my 6.5 CM Tikka bolt gun. It's configured to be a lighter carrying rifle, 20" barrel, 2-12x Leupy scope, weighs 7.7 lbs scoped and loaded.

Looking for the sling to be a fairly light and simple 2-pointer to attach with swivels, preferably a man-made material rather than leather. It will be used for two things:
    1. Carry
    2. Accuracy aid

Challenge is I don't have much experience with item (2), in a hunting rifle (always used bipods, blinds, or offhand). So I don't know what I don't know...

From a little research on using slings this way with "practical", "field", or hunting rifles, I see a few slings that MIGHT be what I'm looking for.

1. Wilderness Rhodesian sling
    2. T.I.S. Slip Cuff Precision sling
    3. VTAC hybrid padded sling. Ok I'll admit this isn't traditionally a bolt gun sling, but I threw this in there because (1) It looks like it would work for the way I want to use it, (2) I already have one and know I like using these with my AR's, though I've never used them with the AR's for anything other than carry.

Would be interested to hear feedback on these slings, or any I've missed that are worth looking at. Also, if anybody knows of some good tutorials on practical sling use (for accuracy) with hunting rifles, please share linkage.
    I got #1 for the same rifle they use in their pics. Had to tap a hole in the wood to set it up proper, but easy enough.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I have several "Rhodesian and Mag-pul RLS's" and am happy with both.
    "A Wise Man Changes his Mind, but a Fool Never Does."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123