Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a Markov 9 mm ---Talk me down

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For the reason stated..please dont.
    For range kicks, going in a store, ect..maybe.
    But mob prevention-just no.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post

CZ-82 is probably a much better option for a truck gun, though. It's basically the same size with more mag capacity. That said, if you're dead set on a truck gun - and I agree with Circle 10 that they have a habit of getting stolen, a police trade in Glock or a CZ-82 are much better options. At least with a CZ 82 in 9x18, you probably wouldn't have to worry as much about it circulating on the streets very long. A Makarov is better as a historical piece that you could carry if you absolutely wanted/had to, but I wouldn't use it for the applications you stated.
    I bought not one but two CZ-82s when they were still affordable surplus. They have very nice triggers, can be carried cocked and locked and are mostly ambidextrous.

I still feel a high capacity, reliable 9x19 pistol is a better choice. 40 S&W is fine too, and the police trade in 40s were cheaper than the 9x19 models.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I'm listening guys.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    I'm listening guys.
    Again, I love Makarovs, but they're a historical range gun for me. I was just pointing out that the only real drawbacks to them are the capacity:size ratio and the heel mag release. When they were flooding the market with them in the 90's-mid 00's, there weren't many good options for a sub-$300 gun...and truck guns were also more of a thing as CCW wasn't as widespread. So people bought Makarovs because they worked, they were cheap, ammo was plentiful/cheap, and many threw them in trucks. Today, there are far better options in the $300ish range if price is a concern. I also wouldn't advocate leaving a gun in a truck on a semi-permanent basis if you live in an area where you think you might actually need a truck gun (instead of a CCW).

Feedback Score
    The issue of ammo available for it is the deal breaker. Right now I can't even get ammo for my AR. If this pistol requires hard to find ammo, forget it. To carry the pistol in my pickup I need a concealed carry permit here so getting that is just a necessary evil.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ammo is available online. SGammo still has PPU and Hornady. In store will depend on your area

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 09-09-20 at 22:27.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    The issue of ammo available for it is the deal breaker. Right now I can't even get ammo for my AR. If this pistol requires hard to find ammo, forget it. To carry the pistol in my pickup I need a concealed carry permit here so getting that is just a necessary evil.
    Ammo for the 9x19, 9mm Mak, and 5.56 is available online. 9x19 and 5.56 cost more than 6 months ago, but they can be found.

I haven't bought 9mm Mak for a while, but I don't think the price increased, or not as much. It still costs as much as the inflated 9x19.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12