Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First rifle Armalite Ar10 need help with it?

Feedback Score

First rifle Armalite Ar10 need help with it?

OK I'm new here on the site and new to the firearms world also other then being in the air force and shooting once every few yrs. My question is i bought an Armalite AR-10A2 and basically would like to deck it out with toys and im thinking there's no better place to ask this question then here so hook me up with info, websites maybe pics of the same rifle and your setup. Thanks for any info you guys may provide.

Feedback Score
    First off congrats on the new rifle, I am looking at one of those myself in a flattop.

What you get all depends on what you want to do with the rifle. Do you want it to be a long range presicion rilfe, or more of a close range combat version. Having the A2 version makes it more of the latter in my book, but here is what I would get none the less starting with a Magpul PRS Stock, a Daneil Defense Rail, an Acog TA33R-9, maybe a Harris BRMS Bipod if you want to have a more presicion rig. If you do get the bipod a KWS Pod-loc is a great addition.
    Last edited by Liquidsilver; 12-01-08 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply i was beginning to think i wasn't going to get a reply to it. It would have been nice if it had a removable handle but i guess im stuck with it. Ive been looking at different mounts that fit on it and allow for the mounting of a scope and other things. I more or less am looking to put some kind of light on it a think im going with a Fenix TK11 i just need to figure out what mount to get and where to place the light. Im looking to dress this AR up putting whatever I can on it. I am looking to change the foregrip too so i can mount acc. on it but not sure which one works with what i have.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstang88 View Post
    Thanks for the reply i was beginning to think i wasn't going to get a reply to it. It would have been nice if it had a removable handle but i guess im stuck with it. Ive been looking at different mounts that fit on it and allow for the mounting of a scope and other things. I more or less am looking to put some kind of light on it a think im going with a Fenix TK11 i just need to figure out what mount to get and where to place the light. Im looking to dress this AR up putting whatever I can on it. I am looking to change the foregrip too so i can mount acc. on it but not sure which one works with what i have.
    You realize that you didn't answer the question, right? Not to be a dick (too late) but...

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsilver View Post
    What you get all depends on what you want to do with the rifle.
    Unless, of course, what you want to do with it is simply
    to dress this AR up putting whatever I can on it
    If that is the case then this site is probably not the right place for these questions. M4C tries to be a "form follows function" not a "dress up" site.

Again, not trying to be a dick, but you have to help us help you.

This may help you to better phrase your questions to get a better response

Feedback Score
    Ok my bad Yes im looking to put things like a scope,laser,surefire, whatever else you guys would do to this rifle if it was yours. No im not really going to use this weapon for clearing building,hunting, fighting in some war so as far as the things i want to put on it, most will never be used for there intended purpose. I dont see this as being a huge problem since im really only asking for your guy's help to find out what will work on it and get a few ideas from the people that might have a little more knowledge then my friends and deff more then what i have on this rifle. Thanks and sorry if i upset someone because i dont intend on using this every day for the purposes listed above.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nobody's upset. Your questions just don't make any sense in the context in which you're asking them.

The purpose doesn't have to be any kind of go-faster stuff, but I'd assume you spent $1k+ on a rifle to shoot it, right? What kind of shooting do you want to do?

Or did you buy a $1k rifle just to look at, and want to spend some more money on it.... well I'm not sure why?

Feedback Score
    First I would buy ammo and learn to shoot first. If you notice alot of guys on this site buy all sorts of junk that they may or may not need. If I were you I'd just go out and shoot the thing before trying to figure out what other kinds of junk that you may want. IMO its a great rifle and for what you are going to be doing with it may only need a scope, if that....ATC
    Last edited by AirTrafficControl; 12-01-08 at 12:14.

Feedback Score
    well to be honest yes i paid 1300 for it and it might get used a few times a month. Like i said its going to have no other purpose other than maybe some target shooting and who knows what else down the road. Just need some ideas on it and sorry if im confusing anyone on this.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For target shooting, I'd buy ammo and not much else. In terms of customizing (although to what end we're still not clear) you bought just about the worst candidate for customization.

What I would honestly try to do buy a 16" flattop upper for the gun and sell the 20" A2 that's on it.

I have never found any scope mounting solutions on a carry handle that didn't suck. Although if you're shooting at <100 yards then I wouldn't bother with a scope anyway. If you simply must have a scope, the Compact ACOG line from Trijicon is about the best solution, and I'd look at the TA33R-9 specifically. It comes with a flattop mount, but you can take that off and the scope will fit in the channel on top of the carry handle. It's still going to sit too high for a good cheekweld for most people though.

Same goes for mounting options that put things like Aimpoints forward of the carry handle. Whether attaching to a forend rail or goose-necking out from the carry handle, pretty much all options are less than ideal.
    Last edited by rob_s; 12-01-08 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    where did you steal the gum ball machines from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast