Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M249 SAW

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Is that a 200rd nut sack & what sling??

Got a deal on mine but missing the bbl handle & open sights so running an eotech for now...found a 10.5" bbl & installed the can's flash hider a few days ago. Need to see how it tunes suppressed vs the 16".
    That’s a USMC 200 round soft box and a Blue Force Gear padded sling. I’ve gone through a bunch of tuning on this one, it runs great and I’ve modified the feed tray so it doesn’t have the feeding issues all Shrikes/MCRs get
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    That’s a USMC 200 round soft box and a Blue Force Gear padded sling. I’ve gone through a bunch of tuning on this one, it runs great and I’ve modified the feed tray so it doesn’t have the feeding issues all Shrikes/MCRs get
    What modifications are needed?? Mines an early unit & while it doesn't have a ton of rounds, I haven't had a failure to date.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What modifications are needed?? Mines an early unit & while it doesn't have a ton of rounds, I haven't had a failure to date.
    The main issues that arise with these uppers are:

Charging handle breaks

Barrel retaining pin rounds over and fails (launches barrel down range)

The ledges between the receiver, feed tray and barrel extension will wear and then catch the tip of each round.

My upper now ha a one piece, full length feed ramp from
    The feed tray all the way into the chamber. These army deal breakers, these can all be addressed and these uppers are still absolutely bad ass.
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LOL...you got links on the replacement parts you are suggesting I need?? Good grief, their proprietary sights are insane expensive & now I'm going down this rabbit hole after the new barrel?? I almost choked over getting a spare bolt!!
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    M16 lower with an Ares MCR upper...complete semi Ares are running $4k-$5k.
    I personally would not use a Shrike on one of my transferable M16 lowers. A post sample, sure. And the Shrike is nowhere near a comparable beltfed as a 249.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    This. I’m an 02. And I want to build it just for the challenge, just like building MP5s groan a flat.
    Well, keep me posted if you don’t mind. Also a 07/02 and interested in doing one too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How is a shrike going to damage a lower regardless of roll stamp??

Why so sensitive about the comparison...it's the quickest way to the party for the civi??

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I personally would not use a Shrike on one of my transferable M16 lowers. A post sample, sure. And the Shrike is nowhere near a comparable beltfed as a 249.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How is a shrike going to damage a lower regardless of roll stamp??

Why so sensitive about the comparison...it's the quickest way to the party for the civi??
    I’m not at all sensitive of the comparison.

The shrike is running the ragged edge of bolt group travel and the feed cam pawl can impact the rear of the lower receiver if there is tolerance stacking. A friend watched a Shrike cause catastrophic failure of another guy’s converted transferable SP1 lower. As in a crack through the top of the receiver tang where the receiver extension threads in. Granted, a simple function check would have told him something was off. But I won’t use one on either of my transferables. I would have no problem using it on one of my post sample lowers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't know man...having a FA lower & not enjoying it??

Might as well get married to a trophy wife, leave her at home after the wedding & be alone during the honeymoon...screw that, I'm gonna nail it.
    Last edited by Artos; 09-10-20 at 22:44.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I’m not at all sensitive of the comparison.

The shrike is running the ragged edge of bolt group travel and the feed cam pawl can impact the rear of the lower receiver if there is tolerance stacking. A friend watched a Shrike cause catastrophic failure of another guy’s converted transferable SP1 lower. As in a crack through the top of the receiver tang where the receiver extension threads in. Granted, a simple function check would have told him something was off. But I won’t use one on either of my transferables. I would have no problem using it on one of my post sample lowers.
    I can agree 50%. This “can” be an issue but it was the operations fault for not doing a proper function check. This can halt on any platform but yes, the Shrike/MCR does push the ARish limits in pretty much every aspect. These uppers are not perfect, but they are very capable and are very high quality. I’ve made a name for myself in the Shrike community getting these to run reliably. I’m very happy with mine, that being said, I may sell it to find a M249 build. Just for the challenge...
    FFL/SOT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast