Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Who has luck with cheap / Franken AR's?

Feedback Score
    Put me in the 'never had a problem' unless it was 9mm, and those were 10rnd CA mags, so I knew what I was getting into in terms of issues.

All of mine are mixed and matched lowers/uppers, and I've been building them for 15yrs or so. Any in spec lower will work, plus a decent parts kit. The last 4-6 LPKs I've had were all BCM, and that includes the 22.

I personally think, that when I started 15yrs ago, there were 'less?' players/manufacturers in the market, so it was easier to stay away from some of the less stellar ones.

Now that there is a larger customer base, with more companies that makes parts, it becomes a lot harder to stay 'safe.' More folks are getting into the AR game, and that's driving the quality down a little (overall) because there is much more demand.
    Last edited by ghideon; 09-18-20 at 00:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ghideon View Post
    Put me in the 'never had a problem' unless it was 9mm, and those were 10rnd CA mags, so I knew what I was getting into in terms of issues.

All of mine are mixed and matched lowers/uppers, and I've been building them for 15yrs or so. Any in spec lower will work, plus a decent parts kit. The last 4-6 LPKs I've had were all BCM, and that includes the 22.

I personally think, that when I started 15yrs ago, there were 'less?' players/manufacturers in the market, so it was easier to stay away from some of the less stellar ones.

Now that there is a larger customer base, with more companies that makes parts, it becomes a lot harder to stay 'safe.' More folks are getting into the AR game, and that's driving the quality down a little (overall) because there is much more demand.
    For the most part, same for me. The 9mm ASC magazines have a thick Powder Coat and would hold the bolt, so I had numerous FTE, FTF, Stove Pipe, Etc.... Once I got that issue addressed, I have had no other problems.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678