Thread: Swiss pistols range report

Feedback Score

Swiss pistols range report

I went to the local club yesterday evening in order to try out the two Swiss Lugers I presented and a few other Swiss hardware.

Unfortunately the 25 m lane was blocked for the yearly Swiss military and field shooting competitions, so I went to the 50 meters range, oh well, who doesn’t like a challenge.

I had already completed the military and field shooting at my other club end June. It went ok, I achieved the same score as last year on the military shooting, 20 rds, which gets me a distinction; but quite less on the field shooting, 18 rds, where I achieved 178 last year, still good for a medal, still to come.

I used the Sig P210-6 with adjustable sights this time, in the previous years I used my 1923 Swiss Luger

So off the to 50 meters lane

Five shots with my friend’s black 06/29, it shot high and a little left so I had to aim at the 7 circle underneath

First 5 shots with my new red 06/29

Next five, getting tighter

Next four with three miracle shots (the old Swiss ordnance ammo boxes contain 24 rds, for three mags of 8 shots)

Then I tried a few competition practice 10 shot strings, the best one yielding 88/100. Needless to say I am super happy with this acquisition

I also tried a cheap ex Lausanne Police 1977 P220 I bought with the Luger. It shot surprisingly well

Shot my 1949 P49 (210-1)

And the P49 (210-2) I had chromed

A great evening in a very nice setting with perfect weather

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That looks like a ton of fun! Those 50m groups are great, especially with a field gun and mil ammo. Shame this isn't as prevalent stateside.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!