Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offset red dot with ACOG recommendations

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Yeah man, no problem at all there. I do appreciate your insight and I actually do agree with you, like I said for my duty rifle it was advantageous to have the red dot on top. But for this rifle, I have no intention of use with a gas mask, and only minimal intention of non-dominant use around corners. as I am certainly used to using an ACOG for close range shooting anyway, I would just revert back to that in those circumstances.
    I definitely understand that there are circumstances where a red dot off to one specific side won't work as well, but for this rifle I'm looking to try it out to see how I like it.
    I'd go this direction:
    https://www.americandefensemanufactu...set-legacy.htm
    33 degree version.
    With an RMR of whatever flavor you prefer.

The Arisaka is pretty cool, but out of stock.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Huh? Are you talking about with a 45 degree offset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. I’m right handed and I’m peering thru the scope with my right eye. If I need to transition to the RMR I ROTATE THE RIFLE COUNTERCLOCKWISE and use my LEFT EYE to peer thru the RMR.

"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    So I'm mainly looking at the Aimpoint T1/T2, or something with similarly long battery life. I'm not a huge fan of the RMR because of the open emitter and needing to remove the optic in order to change the battery.
    But I am open to suggestions.

As far as the mount, I'm looking for someone less than 45° I think... Basically just enough to clear the TA31 ACOG. I'm also thinking that the taller the better, for a more heads up profile when shooting.

The Arisaka 1.93 mount with Aimpoint T1 seems in line with all of this. Pictures? Thoughts? Other recommended mounts or optics?

Pictures and reviews would be very helpful.
    Last edited by masakari; 09-12-20 at 08:45.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by JWill1776; 09-12-20 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    So I'm mainly looking at the Aimpoint T1/T2, or something with similarly long battery life. I'm not a huge fan of the RMR because of the open emitter and needing to remove the optic in order to change the battery.
    But I am open to suggestions.

As far as the mount, I'm looking for someone less than 45° I think... Basically just enough to clear the TA31 ACOG. I'm also thinking that the taller the better, for a more heads up profile when shooting.

The Arisaka 1.93 mount with Aimpoint T1 seems in line with all of this. Pictures? Thoughts? Other recommended mounts or optics?

Pictures and reviews would be very helpful.

You can find a ton of pics on Arisaka’s website and IG.

I just installed the Arisaka Mount the other day and didn’t realize how much difference that 10° less angle makes when rolling the gun. I’m using it with a Holosun 507C as a sort of proof of concept right now until I dive in with a closed emitter design. At 35° it tucks it in pretty tight to my NX8 to where the windage turret just clears the glass. Really slick setup.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 09-12-20 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's expensive as heck, but the Valhalla Rukh pivots to whatever angle you want to match your primary optic and mount combo.

They have a T1 version.

It looks awesome, but too rich for my blood at the moment. In this economy. Maybe if my stocks blow up somehow.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    You can find a ton of pics on Arisaka’s website and IG.

I just installed the Arisaka Mount the other day and didn’t realize how much difference that 10° less angle makes when rolling the gun. I’m using it with a Holosun 507C as a sort of proof of concept right now until I dive in with a closed emitter design. At 35° it tucks it in pretty tight to my NX8 to where the windage turret just clears the glass. Really slick setup.
    Yes, there are a lot of good pictures out there, especially through Arisaka's website. I was hoping to see if someone had a picture with an ACOG TA31.

Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    It's expensive as heck, but the Valhalla Rukh pivots to whatever angle you want to match your primary optic and mount combo.

They have a T1 version.

It looks awesome, but too rich for my blood at the moment. In this economy. Maybe if my stocks blow up somehow.

That is interesting to me, I'm going to look more into that. And the battery swap feature for the RMR is a really cool touch.
    Last edited by masakari; 09-12-20 at 13:00.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've been thinking about running a micro Aimpoint on this Daniel Defense 1 o'clock mount.
    https://danieldefense.com/1-o-clock-offset-rail.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went with an Arisaka offset. It’s excellent. You can select between 35 and 45 degree offset angle, multiple different plates for various optics, and in two heights - standard and tall.

SKD has them in stock: https://www.skdtac.com/Arisaka-Defen...-p/ari.245.htm
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12